Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
No problem... in someways I wish that the Breathless parts were of better quality 'cause I would have them now.

But it looks like that there might be a better :thumb and cheaper :D solution...

jforbush... Any progress?? :stilpoke

-Bry

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hit a snafu tonight. I already had one made and I was working on the second after I got off of work tonight. I miss cut the piece twice... BUt the best thing is, it's cheap; very cheap. I am trying to make it look as good as I can before posting pics. A buddy of mine is going to clear coat them after I get them made to my satisfaction and after I polish them. I definately will make some templates if anyone is interested. I am just trying not make it look cheap. with the finshed product. The gutter mesh does polish up beautifully though

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Need some help guys..... I'm having trouble making the cuts look good around the Vortex generators....any ideas????

·
2,552 Posts
You can not cut it to fill in the Vortex generators, due to the fact that it is a mesh and it will fall apart. Just cut them straight down as close to the Vortex generators as you can. I have the BPP guards. By the way I am not happy with the fit and finish. Keep at it.

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
Just a thought, but when I did the screens years ago on my honda civic i got tired of paying the prices everytime they got bent. So i used the wire mats from lowes or home depot that masons or tile layers use to put mud on. The worked greart. Seems it might work here as well. the cost was 3-4 dollars a 4 x 8 sheet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I looked at the gutter mesh from HD (the other HD - Home Depot).

It is pretty nice looking. But I wish the grid was a little more dense. I bought a roll anyway... only $4 bucks for 20'. So I'll give it a shot this weekend. I may end up not doing at all though because I like to vacuum out the sand/dirt now and then.

·
v -n*a*t*i*o*n.c*o*m
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Leon, the stuff I bought was in the 3 foot sections. I believe it was the one's with hinges on them.. They were a little more stout that the roll of gutter mesh. For three foot it was I think $1.17

·
Banned
12,577 Posts
You Guy's Kill me!:rolleyes: I like My BPP Mesh Grills!:cool:

·
Banned
12,577 Posts
Hey I do Like Mine.I think its 1000x's better looking then stock,but what do I know!:rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.