Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, just got my 2004 V-Rod back from the dealer after 5 months in their shop. Bike has been sitting for two years and got the valve lash done for 30,000. Illness kept me off for awhile. I knew going in this would not be an easy journey to get back to riding. Cables got replaced along with most of the fuel system and they couldn't get the fuel gauge working according to the service rep without a much more expensive replacement of parts so I lived with it. Picked up the bike just four days ago and rode it home just fine. Felt good and was just a few miles and noticed nothing wrong. Next day drove a few miles to store and felt my right leg wet and warm. Pull over and radiator fluid all over with the radiator hose next to my knee bulged out a bit. I shut off the engine and called AAA to tow bike back home and not to the dealer since it was Sunday and they were closed until Tuesday. Tow truck driver noticed plug right above the clutch side missing - pic attached. Harley dealer said they would pick it up next day but did not come even after calling them to confirm. Any ideas how to proceed? What might be wrong. Got the service manual but thought I would consult the group. Thanks ahead of time for any input

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts