Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bikin' Bishop
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I have seen pictures of bikes with the radiator cover installed along with the engine guards but the HD site says you can not do this. Does anyone know how this can be done?? I use the guards but would like to add the radiator cover. i just don't want to make the investment if the modification is too complicated for me to perform or have done economically.

·
dickhammer
96 Posts
Hello I'm not sure what you mean by covers but I don't think that would be a problem the the guard doesn't install to the radiator I do know you can't use a voltage regulator cover

·
Bikin' Bishop
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guards and radiator spoiler

Yes I am talking about the color coordinated spoiler with the chin at the bottom and mesh grill in the middle that goes over the black rubber area between the regular intake openings

·
Registered
984 Posts
vicinkev said:
Hello I'm not sure what you mean by covers but I don't think that would be a problem the the guard doesn't install to the radiator I do know you can't use a voltage regulator cover
Not true. I have both installed on mine.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
redbud said:
Not true. I have both installed on mine.
Could you post a picture?

Looking at my '03 with engine guards and a picture of the radiator cover, it looks like there would be a conflict where they both connect to the bike at the top.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to the statement that you couldn't run engine guards with voltage regulator cover.

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
SirMrMr said:
I have the chromed wire mesh covers in my radiator and have noticed no difference. While they were a PAIN to install, I like the looks. In case this link doesn't work, I have a pic in my galley. http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/8/9/4/4/vrodrfs_original.jpg
You do not have the engine guards installed and I think, I may be wrong, but he is talking about the accessory that covers the big black ugly thingy between the outside shrouds.

·
Dave
248 Posts
RustyG said:
You do not have the engine guards installed and I think, I may be wrong, but he is talking about the accessory that covers the big black ugly thingy between the outside shrouds.
Right, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts