Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a radially (across the tread) oriented split or tear about 1/16th deep that appears on both sides of my rear tire about 2 inches from one of the molding seams. Two techs at the dealer say not to worry about it but I must admit that's difficult at times (you know those times). Has anyone else seen anything similar? It hasn't changed since I notced it but I'm worried about a hidden flaw. Thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
494 Posts
ifly said:
I found a radially (across the tread) oriented split or tear about 1/16th deep that appears on both sides of my rear tire about 2 inches from one of the molding seams. Two techs at the dealer say not to worry about it but I must admit that's difficult at times (you know those times). Has anyone else seen anything similar? It hasn't changed since I notced it but I'm worried about a hidden flaw. Thanks, Bill.
Try posting a picture so that we can take a look. Having said that, I suggest calling Dunlop (assuming you have stock tires installed) and ask their CS Rep. for an official read on your situation. If the tire is mid-life or older (3k ish) I would recommend changing the tire - it'll save you the stress of worry . . . and possibly save you much more than that [if a tread separation is imminent] - IMHO!

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I had the same thing I'm pretty sure. The dealer tried to weasel out of changing the tire they said "it looks like vandalism". I insisted on them taking care of it (I bought the warranty for wheels and tires)

I would insist that they change it. On a car, if a tire fails, you might skid to a stop, on a bike, if a tire fails you'll probably wreck.

Dont take chances

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the warranty too. You guys are right, I think I'll demand a replacement 'cause it isn't going to come apart when I'm stopped is it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts