Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Race Tuner P/N 32107-01B installed at a dealer here in SE VA. This was back in December. Rode the bike home after promises to send me the software/cables in the mail. Well, I finally received the interface cable and module TODAY... 5 months later... and guess what... no CD in the box! :banghead: So instead of calling the dealer AGAIN tomorrow I thought I would ask here first. Does anyone know where I can get this software on the 'net? I don't want anything illegal, just the software I'm entitled to. Thanks.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Having the software is not illegal if you have the Serial interface black box. That is the electronic thing in the middle of the serial cables that gets married to the Delphi EFI unit on your bike... I hope the dealer shipped you the exact same one that they originally had hooked to your bike and didn't mix it up with somebody else's unit...

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mjw930 man you are a lifesaver!!! :hyper:

Here's a photo of my black box and interface cable, just to cover my :moon:

I hope they sent me the right one too 0har, the orange & white box had my name written on the side but no CD inside. I'll find out soon.

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You're missing a grey 9 pin serial cable too. Hopefully you have one laying around, if you don't then any supply store should have one just make sure you stay under 25'. A 12' cable is optimal.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fortunately they included the serial cable too, DB9 female - DB9 male. Thanks again for supplying the software. When I get my laptop later this summer, I'm going to check out the interface. :broke:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Make sure the laptop has a serial cable interface 9 pin thing. If not it will probably have USB and before trying out whatever let me see if I can help by saving you maybe 50-100 bucks. The Targus little port replicating thing will work very well and is otherwise also very useful. Kind of expensive firsthand but you'll get what you paid for. If someone knows of a cheaper alternative please post it here because the Race Tuner will get 20-50-100 bucks more expensive if you keep buying incompatible solutions for USB connections.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey eduarprmd, you bring up something I was going to ask about too. I wonder what kind of PC I can get this software to run on. Pocket PC with a USB port and a USB/serial adapter? That would be nice b/c I could carry it with me. :arrow: I'll search the forums to see if anyone else has discussed this.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Oh yeah! Been discussed. No way for a PPC, yet. No PPC software. Wanted to call "The Turbo Shop" once and did not. They do the software for the computer. It would be the better alternative. You'll need a Pentium PC processor to run it best.

·
Registered
290 Posts
eduarprmd said:
Oh yeah! Been discussed. No way for a PPC, yet. No PPC software. Wanted to call "The Turbo Shop" once and did not. They do the software for the computer. It would be the better alternative. You'll need a Pentium PC processor to run it best.
I'm scheduling to be at "TTS" as soon as he'll let me in (awaiting his email reply). I've got a million questions I've been saving up. I'll add this one to the list. I had to get him permission from MoCo before he'd consider helping me, so I don't think he's going to share a lot of inside information. And I'll have to respect any "confidential" stuff he might share with me.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Dude. Could you? huh?

Zijspan

I a currently on pioneering :rolleyes: effort to get some colleagues rolling with the Pocket PC's at work, just to not allow for a Palm environment telemetry, probably lab and pharmacy thing for tracking the transplant and hospitalised pts. Some of these serious :rolleyes: Dr types do own Harleys and surprisingly prefer the EFI ones :thumb: . We were discussing some serious shtuff and the conversation "deteriorated" into motorcycles. When presented with the possibility of a PPC that could datalog their bikes they are sold. I'm teaching RT (double :rolleyes: ) to some, now this is what I call a teaching hospital.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So far I have not been able to get an appointment with TTS. I’ve left several emails and phone messages with no reply. His secretary said he was "very busy until the end of the year". So, maybe I can't get in the door? Even MoCo got involved and that didn't help! I had high hopes of getting some helpful info regarding data monitoring and such.

I will probably buy an OBD-II monitor device for Palm, and see if it works on the V-Rod. The Generic trouble codes seem to match up pretty well with the V-Rod codes, so I have hopes that this will work after some connector and rewiring modifications. Here's a few devices I've been looking at:
http://www.obd-technologies.com/index.php
http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/
http://www.aeswave.com/

My hope is with one of these, we can log data from multiple sensors while riding (like the RT with a laptop), then view the data afterwards. Also, I hope to be able to view coolant temperature and other things while riding.

If anyone is interested in more OBD-II, ALDL, or Scanalyzer related links, let me know. I've got a bunch of them. Sorry, I have not looked into using the Pocket PC. At the moment I'm a Palm guy!

My motivation for doing all this is to help with my racing. In January I'll be out in the most desolate roadless areas of the Sahara desert with no possibility of any help from any dealership, mechanic, or any Harley knowledgeable person at all. It’s not uncommon for Dakar Rally competitors to leave their badly broken vehicles out in the desert sand dunes, never to be retrieved. The wind and sand slowly eats them up. That’s not what I have in mind for my V-Rod! I have to be able to fix ANYTHING on the spot myself. So, I will carry lots of spare parts on the sidecar while racing, particularly electrical parts (ECM, TSM, sensors, etc). And to find many of the potential electrical problems, a Scanalyzer can come in real handy. I already have the Scanalyzer$$$, but it’s a bit bulky so I’m looking for a Palm type device to take its place. Also, the repair manuals are very important, so I gotta have them too. More weight and bulk that I’d rather not have! So, Max helped me with his .pdf manuals, and now I can download them into my Palm. That’s a HUGE weight and bulk reduction. They are not easy to read on the small Palm screen, but in a bind it works!

If I have any success (or not) getting a Palm OBD-II device working, I’ll post my findings here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
v4.1???

mjw930 said:
Got you covered, you have mail ;)
Having trouble with my local dealer...software is on back order...with no date???
wtf??
can you send me the software?
I have all the hardware goodies for my bike...just need latest software! :cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
normiss said:
Having trouble with my local dealer...software is on back order...with no date???
wtf??
can you send me the software?
I have all the hardware goodies for my bike...just need latest software! :cheers:
Who's your dealer?

If they don't have a delivery date then perhaps they are updating it to -01D?

Give John @ Hales a call, he might have a disk in stock. (419)522 8602 ext 17

·
Registered
2 Posts
mjw930 said:
Who's your dealer?

If they don't have a delivery date then perhaps they are updating it to -01D?

Give John @ Hales a call, he might have a disk in stock. (419)522 8602 ext 17
He said to tell you thanks!
It's on the way...thanks bro! owe you a beer!

:cheers:

where in central FL?

Winter Haven here...but I feel like I cover the I-4 corridor from coast to [email protected]

·
Aboard Hurrican Deck
73 Posts
Yes there is now new updated software for the race tuner -01D revisvion has been released :thumb:

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
o2man98 said:
D version has accel enrichment and decel enleanment in the tuning tables.
What do you mean?
"D version" is the HD part number for ordering the RT - right?
Is this just related to the newer software version or are there also interface hardware changes?
Why should the dealer wait with delivery if it's only a matter of software? It's all depending on the maps anyway.
Are the maps of the new RT software any different (better) to v. 3.50?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts