Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Does using the Race Tuner "flag" the V-ROD computer so that Harley would know that the mapping has been altered? In other words, could you revert back to stock pipes and map without any signs of mods?
2) Do you think the Race Tuner is even worth the $$ for this scenario: I have pretty much decided to go with the SE 16GA pipes; not really looking to constantly tweek the performance, I just want the best all-around performance map for the SE 16GA pipes w/ high-flow air cleaner installed, so I guess a one-time re-map at the dealer (with dyno runs) would be OK.

What do you guys think?

P.S. A main factor for me is that by going w/ SE parts installed by my dealer, I'm trying to minimize any warranty compromising issues.

Thanks in advance for the input!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
AKvrod it is my understanding that the race tuner leaves a permanent signature on the pcm.

For your scenario the race tuner might not be the best investment. How ever if you ever decide to make changes like the 28 tooth or running topless or several of the other pre built flashes then it could pay off if you ever altered just one item.

Max

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Hey AKvrod, I have the 16GA pipes, and K&N air cleaner. They did the factory flash, and the bike runs perfect. Save your money.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
AKvrod,

Everytime the ECM is programmed it records a signature of the file. Anytime the ecm is programmed this section of memory is updated to reflect the last loaded file. The Race Tuner does not include the base file that came from the factory so there's no way to revert back. The SE Flash will also leave a signature but since it's dealer installed the dealer can reflash your bike back to stock (they can do that even if you load a race tuner file). Either way they will know something has been changed.

For your situation the SE flash is perfect. There are now 2 flashes available for the 16ga setup.

PN 33243-04 - Air Filter, Topless w/28T
PN 32065-02A - Air Filter

They are fairly sensitive to the correct combination of parts so make sure you select the correct PN.

The Race Tuner is more flexible so if you are thinking about changing pipes, pulleys, etc. then it's probably cheaper in the long run. Ask the dealer which one he's more comfortable with from a warranty perspective. The RT can be dealer installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts