Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down and ordered it Sunday.

I took a friend of mine down to the dealer with me and he ended up buying a Heritage Softail - w/Big Bore and the works...~$20k. (Crazy mofo.)

So I got a $100 gift cert. from the manager! Guess what I put it toward...? :cool: I gotta tell you... I hear all the horror stories about some dealers, but New Smyrna Harley has been great so far!

ETA is Friday... my first dyno should be soon thereafter.

Leon

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Hey Leon, I have one on order as well.............I just bought a Turbo Tec pipe................Let me know of any helpful hints for programming that you might know please.
Thanks, Eric

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Leon,

Does New Smyrna have a dyno or are you taking to an independant shop? Does the dealer have any experience with the RT or did they refer you to anyone?

Check out my "mjw020" map in the top thread of the EFI forum, it's your setup except topless. I'd be curious to see how it works on your bike. I might even be able to be talked into meeting you with my bike and programs when you go to the dyno, maybe we could get a group rate :)

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Harley guy,
will you be able to make some sound bites?
What about you Kaz?any sound bites of those TT's?

I have been considering getting rid of the supertrapp and pcIIIr.To get the TT's and racetuner.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark,

No NSBHD doesn't have a dyno, Daytona HD does. But I think I'm going to look into Carl's Speed Shop or perhaps Advanced Cycle. I don't know if either has RT experience.

Let me look into it. Going in together would be great.

Leon

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I've been told to talk to Paul or Barb @ Advance Cycle. They suposedly have a brand new Dynojet but I don't know if they've ever used the RT. I've been using / playing with it for a few months now so I can "work the controls" if they can read what the dyno is telling them.

You need to have a "plan of attack" prior to strapping down the bike or you'll get going in the wrong direction and end up having to start back at square one after an hour wasted doing pulls.

One thing about the RT is you need to make more than just WOT runs. You need at least 2 pulls (4 are better) before you make the first adjustment, 50% throttle and WOT or 25%, 50%, 75% & WOT for the most information. From there you can see where the bike needs fuel and where it wants some taken away. The other key is blending the results. The tables are at fixed points but the ECM actually extrapolates most of its information between them. Think of the map as a flat surface, as you press down or pull up on a point it effects all the other points around it.

Sorry for rambling on :cool:

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Yo Vinniy, I can't do a sound bite for ya..........perhaps Kaz. It does sound sweet. It is 16 F degrees, so I haven't had a chance to ride yet. I think that I better wait until I get the race tuner hooked up, as I feel that it might be running lean.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Thanks for the info Mark, I'm quite certain that once I get it I'll be able to figure it out. Any other pointers that you can share?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats cool, so it works like a spline curve.

yeah Mark, we should talk when I get the RT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts