Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merged Map posts

Below is a combined post of all the various posts I'm made on basic maps for the 1130 motor. The map title specifies the basics of the map and the map itself has the config information in the notes.

NOTE: these files come from 4 different versions of the Race Tuner with the .mt6 variants being the most current as of 8/17/06.

Once again, here's my configuration

V-Mod SE Slip Fits
SE Air Filter
Topless
28T Pulley

I've added the Acceleration / Deceleration tuning made available with the -01D (V4.1.2) Race Tuner to what I consider to be my 2 "production" maps.

The VmodSE-MJW02 map is perfect for Vmodded SE's and is a good starting point for stock V-Mods. This map is available in versions for all race tuners

The 2into1-MJW17 map is a good starting point for any 2 into 1 pipe but seems to work real well with Jokers and D&D. This map is only available for V4.1 and V4.1.2 of the RT

Here's a key to the map versions.

The preamble identifies the application. The middle indicates the maker (me) and the version number (maps with the same version number have the same values in the tables). The postamble indicates the version of RT software supported.

-A0.MT2 = RT V3.5
-C0.MT5 = RT V4.1
-C1.MT5 = RT V4.1.2

Please note that the "-C1" suffix indicates a map for the V4.1.2 version with the additional tables. It probably won't load into the V4.1 (-01C) RT. If you have V4.1 then use the -C0.MT5 version.

The conversion of the files is done by opening the older file, copying each table into Excel using cut and paste, opening a new file, paste the info back in then rename the file. Don't forget to change to comments and the part number.

Here is the 2 into 1 file converted for '02-'04 bikes (-D0) and '05 - newer (-B0)

Attachments

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
Hauling the Mail

Well, Here it is... all three dyno runs and my file... Configuation is SE air filter, topless, and Stock V-Mod exhaust. Man, that was a blast!

Order of dyno runs below: It is showing my second run first and them my first run... from left to right and finally my third run.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Here' my current map to go with this post.

V-Mods, K&N, modified air box. Gary (High Performance Pruducts) thinks this map will work well with any 69 inch motor with exhaust mods and his closed loupe O2 computer.

Making a ton of power now. Up 5.3 rwhp from PCIIIr dyno. On this VERY conservative dyno, we made 110.2 vs 104.9 and 78.1 ft lbs torque vs 75.3 in the hottest part of the day (over 80°). I know these numbers don't look that impressive but the bike ran 11.29 @ 119 mph with the setup from dyno #1. The bike is substantially faster than that now. I have a buddy who had his bike tuned @ Glendale HD and was making a reported 115.6 rwhp and I used to smoke him with the old PCIIIr tune. Perhaps I should make a trip to Glendale for a dyno run there (all dyno's aren't created equal). On a different dyno I would expect to get close to if not more than 120 rwhp (on a dyno rigged to give high results as many are). The bike has never felt as fast by a long shot. I'm doing a fuel mileage comparison right now. I'll keep you posted. As you can see we have done lots of runs!

Same map after the O2 computer "learned" the bike. :)

John

Attachments

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Dear Brendon,

thanks for posting your map (allthough the changes are nearly non existant...).
Attached my own map with more drastically changes mainly at WOT and higher RPM (my usual operating condition). Same setup like yours except topless because topless SUCKS (I need power not sound).
There is of course still a lot of room for improvement and I haven't given up my lambda probe project yet...Soon there will be more to post on that issue.
The bike runs fine with this map for over 3500 miles now (as stated under severe conditions) - unfortunately I still did not manage it to compare that map with the stock map. The dyno said 115 RWHP but this are only numbers and no dyno is like the other. In average 10 MPH more top speed. That is a considerable improvement for only EFI tuning...
Check it out if you like - it won't damage anything.

Best regards,

Jan-Dirk

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
this is my present RT v 3.5 calibration file
RPM limit is set to 9850 1/min
I did set the full throttle AFR values to plain 12,4 and increased the spark timing considerably at higher RPM's (as much as the MoCo allows me).
The VE tables are almost original, I just added some in the top range for safety reasons.

Setup:
The airbox is modified, slightly modified SE slipons, air filter, IAT relocation kit, and the "no cat" center exhaust piece. 28T pulley

I did a couple of testruns and logged the AFR with my lambda probe - no lean conditions could be found and no reproducable knock retard activation was seen either.

Jan

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
After some testing with my AFR (unfortunately not wideband) setup & RT data mode I presently use this map:

It is based on the SE stock cal file 105GQ017-A0.MT2 except for:
- RPM limit raised to 10.000
- Considerably more (!) fuel at WOT between 7000 and 10000 RPM
- two degrees more ignition advance from 7000 RPM upwards

Engine setup matches the calibration file except a modified airbox
Bike feels stronger, use at own risk

Attachments

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
RT Map - Supertrapps w/ Open End Cap

Attached is the RT map for Supertrapps with open end cap, Screaming Eagle air filter and 28 tooth. Also attached is the AFR log from a run from 3000 rpm to 9000 rpm in 3rd gear at sea level. This map was also run with the RT data logger and no detonation was evident anywhere. Does not pop on decel and gets pretty good mileage. Max RPM set at 9300. Now, if someone would run it on a dyno..........

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
RT Map for the following:
Ported and polished heads, mega-cycle street cams, stock valves w/heavy springs, 58mm TB, FAIC exhaust, TT velocity stacks w/K&N extreme filters.

Depending on dyno 121+ to 128 hp.

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
This map is based on Cal #15 -- 105GY001-A0.MT2
VE Changes are based on AFR recordings made on the Autobahn with the INNOVATE LM-1 digital AFR meter.
Here's a link:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
I use it with inductive RPM pickup.
The equipment has been calibrated before use.
I can highly recommend this product, it is easy to handle and rather failsafe if you follow the manual.
I also connected a laptop to the ECM and made RT datarecordings in order to detect knock retard, which did not happen! :)

A wideband probe is fitted in a bung about 6 inch from the exhaust outlet.
Each cylinder was measured separately several times and the VE tables have been changed accordingly.

The file is based on "real" measuring conditions for following engine configuration:

Domestic Slip-Fit Mufflers and SE A/C, airbox cover with two little extra "windows", no catalystor centre piece (same as US domestic), IAT sensor relocation kit

The aim was to increase the RPM bandwith to 10k and to maximize the power at WOT.

Attention!!!!
The ignition is pretty much advanced, I use Shell V-power fuel with 102 octane. A good 95 octane will probably do the job too, but whoever wants to try this map should verify the knock control with their RT datamode.

Mid RPM torque is considerably improved as well as top RPM running behaviour. The front wheel made a little jump for the first time :mrgr:

Use it or loose it ;)

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
I've done a couple of more tests (finetuning), the measured rear cylinder AFR goes up to 13,4 at 10.000 RPM, so I increased the rear VE value for 10&11k to 97,5% at WOT in order to reach the desired AFR of 12.4
This of course only useful in lower gears, I hardly reach more then approx 8700 RPM's in fifth gear. Bike is swinging badly at that speed, spreading the knees outward helps but is causing too much resistance.
My top speed today was slightly above 220 km/h - without windshield :) - that is a gain of 10 km/h, mid RPM torque feels better too
There was also a rich spot at 3300 RPM that required leaning.
Attached two pictures showing the AFR (pink) and the RPM (black) over time. I had to close throttle at the end of both runs because of traffic ahead, that's why the AFR curve jumps.

I will verify my changes once more tomorrow and then finetune the forward cylinder.
I'll post the update file when It's done

Once the VE tables at WOT are adjusted in such a way that the measured AFR of each cylinder matches the RT file settings, I plan to start playing around with the AFR settings at WOT in order to find out at which AFR the engine rev's fastest in 4th gear (ergo: to find the optimum)

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
SE slipon & AC final

After burning some 10 !!! gallons of fuel during open road testing:
This is the map with the final VE figures for both front and rear cylinder at WOT.
The two screenshots show the AFR values over RPM, this is as good as it can get with the RT software (small deviations from the desired AFR have been eliminated in the attached "final" RT file).
Based on the WOT results, the VE tables at 80% throttle were raised accordingly.

Again I point out that this map requires high octane fuel and a slightly modded airbox cover.

Dyno figures will follow, but it can be confirmed already now that the bike runs really really GREAT! Top speed is now ("naked") on same level as before with the windshield!!!

p.s. The spark advance needs to be raised considerably at high RPM's, don't change it in my map if you really want more fun ;)

Update:
I finally did some dyno runs.
I compared the SE "Stock" file for the A/C & Slipons to my own last file and allthough the overall results were quite good - 87 kW RWP - I am wondering why the benefits are not better after all the testing I made.

Biggest gain is in mid range (about 3 HP), in top range the differences are within the measuring tolerance.
One thing I noticed on my RT datalog is that MAP value dropped 10% !!! from 9k onwards. The throttle signal is more or less stable, I never realized that during road testing and will look more into this matter.

Attachments

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Comparo Jan-Dirk vs. Mark's Files

I was interested in how Mark and JD had been very active in modifying their maps, and attached is a comparison:

--It's a cut and paste from their maps to Excel. Differences above 0 are red, below 0 are blue, and 0's are greyed out but left in so you can read the table positions.
--The first three tabs are the comparisons: Mark's MT5 file vs. MT5-level stock; JD's MT2 level file vs. MT5 stock; and Mark's MT5 vs. JD's MT2. Not sure if the comparo between JD and Mark is useful, but I included it.
--Since JD is still at MT2, there's no relevant comparo between JD's file and the stock Accell/Decell tables, of course.
--I ignored the various temp-fuel enrichment, since few people fiddle with them.
--Mark is running topless, K&N, SE slipons, V-modded. JD (I think) is running the same (if this isn't the case, please advise).

I'm running topless, K&N, non-vmod SE slipons.

So why do this?

First, I was running Mark's MT2 file for some time and liked it. When I went to MT5, I loaded the (new) stock MT5. Since Mark posted his MT5, I wanted to see the differences. Mark's file has a lot of changes in VE front and rear, and in accell/decel; but no changes in AFR or Spark front/rear.

JD noted that his changes made some strong differences at the high end, and this made me curious about his. JD made changes to all tables, but has no accell/decell changes (of course, since his MT2 file can't make them)

So, I wondered if some combination of the two maps would be interesting, thus the comparo. Very different approaches to fine tuning the VR.

Guys, can you reflect for a moment on why you made the changes that you did? Mark, you only changed the VE front and rear (and acell/decell), but you made changes across the powerband. JD, you made changes in all tables, but only at the top end.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
RT MAP - Supertrapps w/Open End Cap

This map was produced using the LM-1 AFR meter on both the front and rear cylinders. Bike is an 2003 with supertrapps and open end cap, K & N filter, front of top 1/2 of airbox cut off. Runs real well. AFR's run in the low to mid 13's for WOT and get up to the low to mid 14's for cruising. You will note that this is mod 27, 22 of those were runs on getting the rear cylinder AFR dialed in, After getting the RPM module for the AFR meter it only took 5 more test runs to get the front cylinder dialed in. No dyno's on Kauai so I can't dyno test it. :thumb:

Mike

PS, this map ran an 11.61 ET @ 116.2 mph at the track on a sunny 90 degree day just a bit above sea level, made 10 passes on the day, nary a whimper, she ran strong all day and very consistant.

Mike

Attachments

·
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430
904 Posts
Race Tuner map for Cary Fass Pipe BB1430

I have spent some time with my BigBore1430 Chopper Steve at V-Mod built.
He sent me a couple of maps in MT2 format which I had to transcribe to MT5 format; build. Bike has always ran good but after taking it to track at MOKAN with Mike Lewis; I wasn't a happy camper. So two weeks ago I took it up to Dyno Mike Wilson at Gails HD in KC. He put it on the dyno and adjusted the map that Steve had sent. He could not help the map on the original top end but on the low end; he helped it tremendously. I have always wondered if in race tuner, if the only differences were the constraints between Big Bore and other size engines. Anyway here is the map! If it helps anyone great if it doesn't..... well I was willing to share. Donald

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dear Jan-Dirk

I copy pasted all the data files that were changed. The newer version of race tuner has accelleration and decelleration tables as well. I left those at whatever Mark had them set, if that was even adjusted from stock. The bike runs great, but I think I may be getting a little spark knock. Understand, I just packed my girl and three days of warm/cool travel gear on the little rod and went about 200 miles to the national HOG rally in Chattanooga. I need air adjustable rear shocks or a bigger bike! The average mileage at 80-85 mph pushing a full Harley touring windshield and lowers was right at 36 mpg. Although I can get about a couple of MPGs better with Marks program, I think the bike feel quicks and responsive, especially at WOT. Attached is the pasted file. Thanks for your work on this. BTW are you using v-mod SEs, mod airbox?

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Merged 1250 motor maps

Below is a merged post with my 1250 (SE) motor maps.

Attached is a map I created for those of you running 16ga pipes on the SE 1250 motor. It was created by calculating the difference between the slip fit and 16 ga calibrations on the 1130 motor.

I've attached the map file in -01D (4.12) format with the additional fields for acceleration and deceleration setting (-A1 version) and the spreadsheet I used to calculate the differences for those who care ;)

UPDATE: I have now added a version for people with '02 - '04 ECM's that have done the 1250 Big Bore and use 16GA pipes. This file ends in -C1.MT5.

Summary:

1250-16-A1.MT5 = 2005 and newer ECM's
1250-16ga-C1.MT5 = 2002 - 2004 ECM's

Here are 2 files for use with a 1250 motor and the H-D 16ga pipes. One is simply the 1130 file modified with the 1250 motor's displacement and injector size. The other is a calculated extrapolation of the difference between the 1130 motor files for Slip Fit and 16GA applied to the 1250 motor's SE Slip Fit file. i.e. it should compensate for both displacement and cam profile.

I would suggest trying both to see which one works the best for you.

Attachments

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
Race Tuner Map - CFR pipe with perforated cone insert

Attached is my RT map for the CFR exhaust with the vortec perforated cone insert, K&N filter, front cut off air box. I made over 30 AFR log runs developing this map and it runs real strong with no decel popping. Gets about 44 mpg at 55 to 60 cruise combined with some town riding. The map would be good for the CFR with no insert at the WOT settings with rpm's above 4500. It will be lean at the lower rpm's below 4500 by a few percentage points. I ran this map at the dragstrip with no cone and ran consistent 11.60's with the 28 tooth, topless and no filter, PC quick shifter and 2 lines added on the PC for the lower 2 rpm bands using the buttons on the front. AFR's are in the low 13's at WOT and in the high 13's to mid 14's at cruise. I have attached a log graph of the next to last log run for a WOT run in first gear. This had some corrections at the low and high bumps for the final map. Use at your own risk and enjoy.

Mike

Attachments

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
Updated RT map for the CFR with vortec cone insert

This is an updated and refined RT map for the CFR pipe with the vortec perforated cone insert, topless, and the K&N filter. It runs real smooth down low, idles great and pulls real hard all the way through to redline. I ran numerous AFR logging runs on both the front and rear cylinders with the TPS sensor logged for accuracy in making adjustments.

Enjoy,

Mike

Attachments

1 - 20 of 506 Posts