Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Race Tuner Map Files Discussion

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  eduarprmd 
#1 ·
Mjw, how did you like the Leesburg tuner tech. Was he as good as he said he was or are you still working on your bike. You pulled some nice torque but the HP could be better ???????????

#3 ·
I'm fairly impressed with Mike. He certainly knows what he's doing but his equipment is antique so he can't map AFR to RPM on the same chart and he didn't save it or print it for me. He's really a seat of the pants tuner that focus's on real world gains and not peak numbers. As you can see from the graph the bike has picked up good power across the band and you can feel it in the seat of your pants. If you're looking to get the bike dialed in for real world riding and can leave it overnight then Gator's is a good solution. Also, not noted on the graph is the part throttle or "step" tests that he did to find the range of throttle position that needed help. Another thing, the Harley program for '04 (RT Version 3.50 or -01B) is really pretty good. I would feel comfortable telling anyone with the SE slip ons or v-modded SE's to simply buy the flash. The bike will run strong, not be too lean or rich and get darn good fuel economy.

I will be spending some time on another type of dyno with some people who aren't Harley tuners but tune championship race bikes and know their way around an EFI system. They have a Brand new 4 gas analyzer and an eddy current dyno which will let us chart performance across a wide range of throttle positions and RPMs, something you cannot do on anything in the Dynojet line short of a fully optioned 250 model.

#4 ·
Dynos are Great,but Real World is what counts!You should have taken it to the Track before and after!The clock don't lie!:cool:

#5 ·
So true :) Dyno's are great tuning tools, all race teams use them to get "close" but the final setup comes after real world tests on the track. People shouldn't get so hung up on raw numbers as much before and after results. :2cents

#6 ·
Also posted on V-ROD Hi-Performance forum as Thread "Joker e-mail"

I'm gonna get the JM installed then follow up with redyno. Tried yesyterday to dyno with another guy and really did not have the AFR for the dynojet250. This is a seat of the pants guy with excellent track records. Did not dyno it anyway. Got to Shannan's Pub, did some street racing, had me some fun. Will follow mj(w930) (the good one here) and kaz's message. It's what you get compared to baseline.

My question. The JM exhaust comes with a set of instructions and says in #6 "Racalibrate fuel map via power commander, Techlusion Box or Harley Screaming Eagle Slip-on stage II chip"

Could I install the header and muffler given I have SE download?
Then go get the RT installed.

OR

Must I have the RT installed first?
Then install the JM exhaust. What file should I load to start with? Mark got a baseline file and modified it to run a richer midrange for V-mods. Is this same file is a better baseline for mine with the JM than what the disk includes? Did you lean it somewhere?

First option could have running it in a couple of hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.