Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of V&H 2 into 1 pipes. I currently have the powershots and SE race tuner installed.

Will I need to unistall the map set by the race tuner or can I just plug the fuelpak right in ?

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Why would you want to do that? You're going backwards... get a map for the V&H pipes. I'm sure you can find it in the map section. That's a very popular combination around here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's say I bought the pipes and fuelpak combo.
I have the SE EFI tuner and No idea how to use the SE EFI tuner without taking it the the dealer.

Do I have to unistall the map set the by SE tuner or can just plug in the fuelpak ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Fuelpak can be plugged in without removing the old program but the settings for your combo that V&H gives you won't work right since the base settings aren't stock.
It looks like you're going to need some help, either to install a good map like LL posted or to return the ECM to factory settings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, what you guys think I shoud do? Have the dealer remap it all using the SE Efi race tuner and put the new fuelpak I just bought up on eBay or list it here and count my losses??

Or shoud I reset the PCM to stock and use the fuelpak?
I'm a noobie with the V-Rod modding. I bought it new in 07 started modding it in 08 and have had it sit for the last 2 years..
Now, I'm itching again. Luckily in time for the snow...

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i would use the race tuner , ask the dealer if he can show you how to install the map , you will need to just get one off here (ll posted a link) put it on a stick or save it on your computor then take both computer and stick into the dealer with your bike and ask them to show you , you might have to pay them probably an hour labor but then youll know how .

Or you could post on this site and I am sure someone will walk you through it . It was not hard to do , im sure you can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts