Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I finally have received my RT package and now I am eager to start working with it. Unfortunately I have to wait a little more until I can ride my bike again - the weather is still too shitty over here.
It would be great if we could post and share our data files in this forum, maybe Max could enable the upload option for *.DM2 files.
Please include vital information like calibration id or engine setup.

Jan-Dirk
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
Jan you can now upload dm2 file extensions upto 200k. If I need to adjust that amount let me know.

Max
 

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Very good! How about in the EFI section?

I have some mainly nonanalysed yet on a computer I "lost" so maybe some inetersting data can be seen if I can recover the hard disk. Have some new runs but having truble interfacing with a serial to usb thing, no serial connector on this laptop.

Tomorrow will try some parallel to serial Belkin connector with a gender changer thing :yak: so it connects with the RT 9-pin connector.
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Max said:
Jan you can now upload dm2 file extensions upto 200k. If I need to adjust that amount let me know.

Max
My first recording has about 500 k.
The weather was really bad, heavy rain and 10°C, still there are two or three good runs in high gear.
I don't know how to cut it down to 200k, the programme allows me to "safe as *.csv" but it does not accept to load "*.csv" type files.

Jan
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
Jan-Dirk said:
My first recording has about 500 k.
The weather was really bad, heavy rain and 10°C, still there are two or three good runs in high gear.
I don't know how to cut it down to 200k, the programme allows me to "safe as *.csv" but it does not accept to load "*.csv" type files.

Jan
Jan,

Email the file to either Max or me and we can either load it up on the site or trim it down. The file should compress about 60% so zip it and see if it's within the limits.

Mark
[email protected]
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes my brain seems to stop - thanks Mark!
Mainly two things are worth some investigations:
1) The intake air temp is far from the actual ambient air temp but the sensor is moved to the correct spot as far as I remember from the last time looking at it.
2) The throttle shows not 100% when I did it.

Any more comments?

Greetings

Jan
 

Attachments

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
It looks like the TPS is not adjusted correctly. I don't have the manual handy but that's what it looks like. Or, your cables are miss adjusted and your not getting Wide Open Throttle.
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mjw930 said:
It looks like the TPS is not adjusted correctly. I don't have the manual handy but that's what it looks like. Or, your cables are miss adjusted and your not getting Wide Open Throttle.
I am lazy and ask before I look at the drawings:

Is there a full throttle end position switch?
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
I wouldn't be so hasty. It looks like you have either not enough samples, you're losing packets in the data log or something is preventing the butterfly from opening all the way. You got to 98.2% on 2 occasions so I'm guessing there's something keeping the rear butterfly (where the sensor is) from opening all the way. Check you cables, throttle plates, etc. Could be your throttle plates are out of sync.
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input, Mark.
I will check and revert later this weekend - the weather is too lousy to ride, I will fiddle around in my workshop.
Crazy weather, Wednesday was like summer and now we have storm. This is so depressing...whine whine
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,582 Posts
mjw930 said:
I wouldn't be so hasty. It looks like you have either not enough samples, you're losing packets in the data log or something is preventing the butterfly from opening all the way. You got to 98.2% on 2 occasions so I'm guessing there's something keeping the rear butterfly (where the sensor is) from opening all the way. Check you cables, throttle plates, etc. Could be your throttle plates are out of sync.
I wonder who told us about those Dam Unsynced = "to be out of sync" Throttle Bodies? :lamer:
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And I wonder what we need a TPS for if we got a MAP sensor?

My car uses a MAP sensor in combination with WOT switch and idle switch.
The MAP is only used for partial loads, the WOT switch tells the ECU to use the stored ignition/fuel tables for full throttle (in combination with the knock sensor) and to ignore the lambda / MAP inputs.
But this is Bosch Mototronic from 15 years ago of course...
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mjw930 said:
...I'm guessing there's something keeping the rear butterfly (where the sensor is) from opening all the way. Check you cables, throttle plates, etc. Could be your throttle plates are out of sync.
Hi again,

I found out that the cables were not propperly adjusted, they had to be adjusted nearly 5mm!!
After adjustment I tested once more with the RT, now all is OK again. The RT is beginning to pay out :mrgr:
On this occasion I also found that the gasket underneath the air filter housing was not 100% in position, not much missing and there would have been an air leak.
The clamp of the engine venting hose was not tightened.
Furthermore I have to confess that the IAT sensor is not relocated, I think I mixed it up with a picture I have seen in this forum somewhere. The bike was ordered and delivered with the SE kit from day one, so the relocation kit should have been made.
The relocation kit is ordered now and I will have to have a word with my dealer about all this.

p.s. Mark, the TP sensor is located on the front butterfly.

Jan
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You find the message and file in the "RPM Limit" thread.
Question:
I have the problem that the RPM graph cannot be seen at revs higher than approximately 8500 RPM in the data mode software window. All efforts like screen setup failed. Why that and what to do?

Jan
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top