Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so pissed off at myself and HD... I don't know who to be madder at. My stroker motor was married to an 05 race tuner, which means my ecm is setup on that stroker motor. Herein lies the problem, I have since changed computers and cannot find my original software disk (I still have the tuner and the serial cable). So without the software loaded on my computer I have no way of changing my ecm back to a stock motor, plus a few extras.

So I go to HD because I called them yesterday and they said no problem they had the disk come on in. When I get there, ask them if it is a disk that will read an .mt5 file and they looked puzzled. They go back to the tech and he said no way... disk is for a newer Sert. So then they start making suggestions....like buy another race tuner. Now why in the **** would I buy another race tuner if you not going to support the 450 buck one I bought in 05. So my options are buy a new ECM 350 bucks. Buy a new race tuner 400 bucks or what else? Be nice if somebody had a disk 05 and just emailed me a copy, Some say it isn't right to do that but if HD isn't going to support old platforms then all is fair since I don't want a divorce just yet! ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS since I don't have the extra cash to throw around just now.

They gonna marry me and not divorce me, they damn well better support me!

BTW I have a USBIII PowerCommander but I don't feel it is over riding the Sert map. Anybody know if it does?

Donald

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
I am so pissed off at myself and HD... I don't know who to be madder at. My stroker motor was married to an 05 race tuner, which means my ecm is setup on that stroker motor. Herein lies the problem, I have since changed computers and cannot find my original software disk (I still have the tuner and the serial cable). So without the software loaded on my computer I have no way of changing my ecm back to a stock motor, plus a few extras.

So I go to HD because I called them yesterday and they said no problem they had the disk come on in. When I get there, ask them if it is a disk that will read an .mt5 file and they looked puzzled. They go back to the tech and he said no way... disk is for a newer Sert. So then they start making suggestions....like buy another race tuner. Now why in the **** would I buy another race tuner if you not going to support the 450 buck one I bought in 05. So my options are buy a new ECM 350 bucks. Buy a new race tuner 400 bucks or what else? Be nice if somebody had a disk 05 and just emailed me a copy, Some say it isn't right to do that but if HD isn't going to support old platforms then all is fair since I don't want a divorce just yet! ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS since I don't have the extra cash to throw around just now.

They gonna marry me and not divorce me, they damn well better support me!

BTW I have a USBIII PowerCommander but I don't feel it is over riding the Sert map. Anybody know if it does?

Donald
The Sert modifies the ECM programming.

The PC USB intercepts the output of the ECM and modifies it before sending it on to the injectors.

Maybe some kind soul here will copy the 05 disc and send you a copy. I don't have it. I'm surprised the dealer doesn't have a copy. Buy the tech a beer or two, ask a bunch of questions and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Sert modifies the ECM programming.

The PC USB intercepts the output of the ECM and modifies it before sending it on to the injectors.

Maybe some kind soul here will copy the 05 disc and send you a copy. I don't have it. I'm surprised the dealer doesn't have a copy. Buy the tech a beer or two, ask a bunch of questions and hope for the best.
The says he has it on his laptop but it is installed and he says he can"t copy an installed program. Sure someone on here has the disk ... keeping my fingers crossed. With the newer Serts HD sells just the disk 29.95.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I think I have a -5 model. I will check when I get home from work. If so you can borrow it and send it back when you are done? I'm not good at copying things (but I will ask my fiance if she can do it before I send you the original).

Bryan

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have a -5 model. I will check when I get home from work. If so you can borrow it and send it back when you are done? I'm not good at copying things (but I will ask my fiance if she can do it before I send you the original).

Bryan
Bryan, that would be so great of you.

And we're not even married...LOL

Donald

1 - 5 of 5 Posts