Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone update the forks with Emulators and new springs from Race Tech? If so what oil did you use. I am all stock and have put in the HD heavy oil. If Tassie is reading that made the bike awesome. Now Tassie go eat a cookie.
We all know the suspension is poor. but I am looking at the 1.00kg/mm and the emulators. I am about 275 pounds.

Any feedback good or bad is wanted.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,154 Posts
Here's the setup I used on my old R-- I was very pleased with the results.....

- RaceTech Gold Valve fork kit (FMGV-S2050C)
- RaceTech fork springs (FRFP-S3827090)
- Maxima 20-weight fork oil

R.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That is part of my winter project. Forks, Ohlins rear shocks, tires and swing arm bearings. Maybe a LED headlight but not full sold on it.

·
VRSC est -03
2,506 Posts
During installing Emulators you should run stock H-D weight fork oil.
Advice when youre getting started;
loosen up (not all the way) top nuts when fork legs still are in triple trees.
Øhlins great choice, running them myself.

Attachments

·
Cabeca de Ferro
411 Posts
When you buy a emulator gold valve kit it comes with a code on a card , you just need to access race tech website and fill it out the fields required and they send you all the adjustments needed.

·
"Vrod King"
845 Posts
You know I do like my Ohlins on the rear but I have been looking at the JRi shocks to replace shocks on two of mine. Maybe you might want to give them a look. They are not that far away from you over in Mooresville NC.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
The forks on most of these bikes are under sprung and over damped on the compression side. Removing the excessive compression damping requires heavier rate springs to hold up the front end, but it's more responsive to road defects. Chuck be sure to carefully fill out the Race Tech form for actual all up rider weight, intended riding style etc., and speak to them - they will dial it in for you, and be sure you start out with the right spring rate. The best thing I ever did on my off road race bikes was suspension work - creates a whole new bike that works so much better it's like magic - looking forward to doing my R like flybigjet did his. Let us know how it works out Nas3Car !

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info.
Mike W, yes they are close to me but Ohlins is also in NC and only about a nice 2 hour ride. I know I do not want Progressives.
I will keep all posted.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
During installing Emulators you should run stock H-D weight fork oil.
Advice when youre getting started;
loosen up (not all the way) top nuts when fork legs still are in triple trees.YES!!! that is very useful.
Øhlins great choice, running them myself.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know I do like my Ohlins on the rear but I have been looking at the JRi shocks to replace shocks on two of mine. Maybe you might want to give them a look. They are not that far away from you over in Mooresville NC.
I took your advice and looked them up. I do think that will be the shocks I use. Several reasons they answered my questions very quickly. They are about 45 minutes from me so if I have an issue its easy to get service. They are also Made in USA.
Mike thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts