Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've seen someone on here with a yellow muscle with a headlight cowl from r+r in Germany I'm just wanting to make sure this bolts straight on or is modification needed? If the owner can post or any of you guys know id appreciate the info. Cheers for your help gents.

Franky.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Hey no modification to the bike or anything is neded to mount up the Cowl. They do specify that right in their write up on their website. I'm looking at picking on up as well to hide my dakota digital gauge. Probably will have to wait till this winter...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I saw that I just wasn't sure If it translated correctly, or if there was something I was missing :) don't suppose you know how they mount? Either way they look awesome right!

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
I got one for my bike and it's fairly easy to mount, although the English instructions kinda suck. It's not difficult to figure out though. It replaces the back part of the stock headlight bucket (the black part) and attaches with the two bolts on the side of the headlight bracket. I did have to do a little sanding of the interior to get the bolts to line up good, however, because it's a tight bitch. Be sure to test fit before sending to paint. It does not make any permanent modification to your bike; you could undo it easily if necessary.

Here's what you get. I didn't use the extra bolts provided...

IMG_3598.jpg IMG_3602.jpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
fitting mine this weekend and the mate i getting it off also said required a little sanding and mucking around BEFORE paint but fits great and is an extremely well made part !!!

·
RIDE HARD!!
91 Posts
I got one for my bike and it's fairly easy to mount, although the English instructions kinda suck. It's not difficult to figure out though. It replaces the back part of the stock headlight bucket (the black part) and attaches with the two bolts on the side of the headlight bracket. I did have to do a little sanding of the interior to get the bolts to line up good, however, because it's a tight bitch. Be sure to test fit before sending to paint. It does not make any permanent modification to your bike; you could undo it easily if necessary.

Here's what you get. I didn't use the extra bolts provided...

View attachment 183720 View attachment 183721
Do you guys have their website...?i really want one

·
Registered
137 Posts
was mine the yellow bike you were talking about?

·
Registered
455 Posts
the chrome shield from a DX bolts on with only longer bolts...and a painted version is a third that price...the chrome one is a little over $60 from the dealer....food for thought...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
might be expensive BUT DAMN IT LOOKS GOOD

Attachments

·
FFFWD
765 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
ok just For you BT