1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Where did this recall info come from. I saw the text but is there an official document we could download to show our dealers?

·
Registered
494 Posts
nykbob said:
Where did this recall info come from. I saw the text but is there an official document we could download to show our dealers?
My dealer called me about it on Thursday, so they are aware.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Joe you need to get your bike up to the dealer today and have the recall done. You could burn yourself if you don't. :cook

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I'm curious to see their "fix"

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
This is the stupidest recall

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Everytime I hear that I want to slap my face w/ my hand. What in the hell are you guys doing to burn your pants leg. I live in Florida where is gets hot...alot and have never had a problem. Even when I do 500-600 mile trips

·
Registered
494 Posts
Fletch said:
Pant leg fire is SERIOUS business. Don't make light of it!

JDR_ROD said:
Everytime I hear that I want to slap my face w/ my hand. What in the hell are you guys doing to burn your pants leg. I live in Florida where is gets hot...alot and have never had a problem. Even when I do 500-600 mile trips

That was . . . read this: HUMOR . . .

·
Registered
34 Posts
The service department had a fax in my check out folder.

·
Registered
249 Posts
JDR_ROD said:

:them:

I don't get it either. I'm not saying there is no problem just that I haven't had the pant burning experience either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had burnt two pairs of pants burn in the first two weeks. After the new pipes, the pipes ran much cooler.

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Recall fix performed

Just had my R in for 1000 mile service and they performed the "recall" service. It is the addition of a hidden shield under the original. I guess this is where some pants got burnt. The additional heat shield is not really a big deal.
I hope this picture helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
nykbob said:
Just had my R in for 1000 mile service and they performed the "recall" service. It is the addition of a hidden shield under the original. I guess this is where some pants got burnt. The additional heat shield is not really a big deal.
I hope this picture helps.
That picture is very helpful. I just received the recall notice in the mail. As I said in a previous post, I've never had the problem. I'll have to look at my bike when I get home but the pictures that I have on this computer suggest that my heat shield is much more encompassing than the one in your picture.

Perhaps this was the fix that the factory made at some point. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I don't know the manufacturing date off the top of my head either but I know it is supposed to apply to pre-February 2006 build dates. That suggests to me that the moco fixed the problem after that date.

At any rate, thanks for the picture. I'll look when I get home but I'm thinking that I don't need the recall "fix"

·
Greg
604 Posts
My letter arrived Saturday. I haven't experienced any burnt pant legs so far, but I'm still going to take it in for the fix. Since it's a recall, hopefully they'll agree to a Saturday.

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Total Recall

I got my letter today.

I burned three or four cuffs about in line with my ankle bone. It happened when I left my right foot in the forward position like I was ready to use the brake. I haven't had the problem since I started using the heal pad every time.

Doc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts