Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all you R guys. I noticed this weekend that HD put the old standard style jiffy stand on the R.

I am trying to find out, is this only in Europe? Is it only the R?

Reason being, is I would like to go to this style stand on my 03A and need part numbers. But if it is only the R then there is no foward control mount.
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
You should stick with the one on your bike because the A is wayyyy better:diablo:

Just jokin.

-jiffy stand - 49703-06
-spring - 50005-85a
-catch - 50015-74a
-collar - 50122-35
-bracket - 47961-06
-bumper - 47936-06
-screw - 3755m
-washer - 6702
-screw - 970m
-nut - 3725m

-lower left frame - 47984-06
It does look like you would need this which means you would lose your forward control stuff.

Of course, why anyone would want forward controls is beyond me!!!:stilpoke:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Yes, it is on all R's. It is a lot better than the others, but it has it's issues as well. Mine has managed to roll off of it twice, but the bike never touched ground. It was just never locked in, so that was human error. Now, I park in gear and have not had a problem since. You would need to change your framerail, so there goes your forward controls. I think we have this style because of the extra ride height over the other models.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was there not an option with the R to have highway bars in the forward control location?

What other bike as mid controlls and forward mounts, and what jiffy stand is on that one?

Thanks again guys!

·
**RodhscR**
532 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Was there not an option with the R to have highway bars in the forward control location?

What other bike as mid controlls and forward mounts, and what jiffy stand is on that one?

Thanks again guys!
The D has forward pegs, but I'm sure it has the same jiffy stand as your's. The R doesn't have an alternative frame rail option other than to put an A,B or D rail on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts