Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you know that I took a MSF Instructor course back in July. This was the toughest "school" I have ever taken. Out of 8 students I was one of 4 to make it all the way through. The days were long and there was lots of interaction with the other students. I became real close to my teaching counterpart Jose "Q" Quimbico. When we went downtown to actually be evaluated teaching a course Q was partnered with me. When he was instructing I was riding the demos and when I was instructing Q was riding the demos. We spent lunch time together and many hours after class discussing our game plan for each exercise so we would know what one another expected. The day after the course was over and we had passed, Q and I went on a ride together. He rode a R1 and I took my Road King. Well after going on a ride with another forum member on the morning of 6 August, I came across the scene of what had been a motorcycle accident the previous night (Link) . There was a Air Force van and the base Motorcycle Safety Rep as well as other members of the safety office. I pulled over to see if the accident was one of the riders in my squadron (I am the MC Safety NCO). I discovered that it was my friend Q. The driver of the SUV that hit him was going AROUND a damn water puddle on the wrong side of the rode!!!

Well today we did a ride in honor of Q and went by the scene of the accident. Q's brother had told me they were going to place a cross at the site of his passing. The cross is really cool and I had to share with my fellow riders. R.I.P. Q!! I will miss you!!

Attachments

·
George
5,411 Posts
RIP Brother

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
That is a VERY cool cross, for a very wonderful sounding guy!!!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Very sad!
R.I.P.
:sad:

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss man.... That is a very fitting and cool cross...R.I.P.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Sorry about your loss. If it wouldn't get stolen, it would be niceto have Pondo put your buddy's name on the sprocket.

·
CEMIRT Lifer
524 Posts
So sad to hear; my thoughts and prayers to your friend's family, as well as you & all who knew him. May he R.I.P.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
What a wonderful tribute, both the cross and even more so with the words you wrote. Prayers sent for his friends and family.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
How sad. RIP Brother.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
That sucks, man........At least you were fortunate to have gotten to know him in this wide crazy world of folks......Sorry again....

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Ryan,
I am sorry for your loss, the memory of your buddy Q will live in your heart and mind for the rest of your days, everytime you ride you will think of him. I can not think of a more fitting tribute.

The cross is a wonderful memorial to a biker and truly unique. You have my heartfelt sympathies and condolonces.

Jay

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Ryan, sorry for your loss. I hope his and your teachings will save others lives.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
RIP "Q" and sorry for the loss of a good mate. The cross sounds like it is very fitting and appropiate, great design.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
RIP and God Bless this man. :angelwin:

·
Banned
475 Posts
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss and your friends unfortunate misfortune!!!

The cross is stunning and a work of art!!
Thoughts go out to you and his family and friends!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Rest in Peace "Q"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts