Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When adding more or fuel in quick tune is there a ratio for changing the spark advance?
Say you add 5 percent fuel what do you change the spark advance to? Or do you just leave it.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
When adding more or fuel in quick tune is there a ratio for changing the spark advance?
Say you add 5 percent fuel what do you change the spark advance to? Or do you just leave it.
Cheers
Leave it. PV timing is somewhat conservative in the base cals. You can sneak it in a bit at a time later if you choose. Look for knock events in the logs to see if you went too far. General area of benefit is cruise ranges for economy or increased timing in decel kpa to reduce or stop decel popping. Basically without a load cell dyno, it's hard to tell any gains in timing increases related to hp gains near WFO.
Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ron.
Are you able to send me one of your tunes for akrapovic exhaust and open air box. I've got mine in open loop because my front NB sensor is faulty. Be much appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Thank you ron.
Are you able to send me one of your tunes for akrapovic exhaust and open air box. I've got mine in open loop because my front NB sensor is faulty. Be much appreciated. Cheers
PM me your email. I've got one you can try. Might or might not work for you due to completely different exhaust. This is a non Target Tune enabled cal.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts