Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going for a longer trip and burnt from previous experinces (live in Sweden) with rain and freezing temperatures I have bought this windshield. The shield fits fine but the kit also includes "Turn signal relocation kit" and a "Headlamp visor".

Do anyone here knows why I need to mount these? The windshield don't seem to interfere with the turn signals in their original location and I am not clear about the function of the visor.

I hate windshields and will only use when forced to and don't want to have the bike look odd in its normal state without it on.

Ganga

·
Cranky Frank
100 Posts
Just guessing I would say that they both reflect off of the windshield??? Maybe enough that it bothers some people.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's reflection.

I've got the ultimate touring windshield. When you turn on the high beams there's quite a bit of light 'flooding' back at you through the windshield. I don't think putting on the visor is absolutely necessary, but it does help visibility a bit.

I relocated the turn signals because i think it looks a little cleaner, but not the visor. Actually, I generally switch back the stock DX headlight with the windshield off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx,
I have now done the relocation. I agree that it looks better in general.

The visor actually dont fit my headlight so I don't need to think about needing it or not.

G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts