Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
2007AW, 2010 Ultra
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I decided to go ahead do a good detail on the bike. Took the windshield off to get around the gauges and headlight, cleaned everything up real nice, left the windshield set for a few days. Go to put it back on and of course one of the clamps broke. So I had 3 clamps that worked perfect, and I took a short black bungee and wrapped it around the broke clamp. I got online and sent the local STEALER an email about a replacement. Of course it's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing from them, as if I should ever expect to. So I got back on this site, researched and found the manual I had long since trashed, got the PN# and found a supplier. The cost of the clamp was $20, shipping was $9. Whatever. So I ordered one. Got it 2 days ago and installed it. It still feels tighter than the other 3 but it did go on without breaking. SO I took the broke one back to the STEALER, and asked for a replacement. He charged me $30. No warranty or anything of course, except he did say the one he sold me was warrantied for 30 days. Nice. So now I have a spare. His reply about the broke piece? "Find a machine shop - maybe they can make a better part" followed by "bikes are expensive". I have made up my mind that that's the last time I buy anything from a dealership.
:blahblah:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts