Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 V-rod
I put the 28 tooth on but do not like it. Our speed limit is 80 here and it is too low for that. I will go back to stock gearing. I have v-mod exhaust on it and I am changing it to go topless. Does anyone know what flash I need from the Harley Dealership to get my bike to run right. I would like to take it there ASAP if someone could give me some help I would appreciate it.

Brent Bartels

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Since HD has taken the SE parts off the website I don't have the part numbers off the top of my head but the dealer can look it up for you. Ask for the SE flash for and '03 with SE Air Filter, SE Slip On mufflers and stock gearing. The book says that all flashes are now rated for topless so your biggest concern is the pulley size.

BTW, did you really notice that big a difference? I run the 28T and ride at 80 mph all the time. Sure, the bike turns 5000 rpm but that's only 350 more than the 30T. For me the ride is smoooooth with nice roll on power and minimal reduction in fuel economy. Oh well, I guess each to his/her own ;)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Bartels, I'm in the process of having mine done like yours. THe P/N for the harley flash for Stage 1 or V-Mod, Topless is 32026-02A. Make sure that it is -02A and not -02. The -02 is not rated for topless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am keeping the pulley and switch it back and fourth if needed. Thanks for the help.

Let me get this straight:
32026-02A will allow me to run my V-mod Exhaust and run topless. Correct?
I am going to switch from the 28 & 30 tooth sprockets but that should not be affected by this programming. Correct?

Thanks,
Brent
P.S. Should I leave the stock air cleaner in or go to a Screaming Eagle/K&N while going topless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts