Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dog Is My Copilot
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched through tons of SE2 pics in the gallery, but can't find a pic at the right angle to determine this. Are these the stock SE2 peg mounts? Or are they the stockers reversed...or even the reduced reach kit? Any insight would be appreciated. I'm 6' tall and feel a tiny bit bunched up with it set up this way...thanks!

Attachments

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Looks like a reduced reach kit to me.

·
Dog Is My Copilot
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would flipping it around require any other changes? Did the stock mount just go straight out w/o the offset?

904 Posts
Would flipping it around require any other changes? Did the stock mount just go straight out w/o the offset?
I've got those on my A, just flipped into the "extended reach" position. Didn't require any other modifications or adjustments -- assuming you still have the stock-length shifter rod?

Some folks installed a shorter shift rod when the reduced-reach pegs were mounted. That might not work with the peg-mounts flipped the other way. The original-issue shift rod works fine with the pegs flipped forward.

·
Dog Is My Copilot
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Tim...I had no idea that the previous owner installed this kit...he never mentioned it and I never really noticed (not that I would have known what to look for, I'm new to V-Rods). Comparing to the other pictures I've seen of SE2s, I think it's only the reduced reach mounts...I believe the shifter, linkage, and brake are the stock pieces. I think I'm going to flip them and try it...otherwise, I'll just buy the stock mounts...I saw a set on the HD site that was just a straight shaft with no offset...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts