Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone makes some kind of quick connectors for wires?? I ask because I have to remove my nitrous components for any dealer services and I am tired of having to splice the wires back and wrap them with tape again. I'm looking for a way to be able to clean up the wiring and make it a bit easier to remove and replace. Any direction will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
If only 2 or 4 wires, you can get a standard automotive wiring connector (similar to that on a battery tender and/or 4 pin trailer plug) which can carry upwards of 5 amps and is very reliable. These can be had at any auto parts store at low cost.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johnny HotFoot said:
I'm looking for something more on the lines of a straight piece with female ends on both sides. That way the wire just goes in from both sides and just snaps in and completes the circuit. Its damn hard to explain without a visual. The closest thing I can compare to what I want is the 6 connector that customdynamics has for their led lights. But I dont need a 6 space connector, just individual ones.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
If you want to connect wires without a crimp or solder, then your best bet is using posi-lock connectors. Pick them up at walmart in the car stero area. Twist on.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rjrivero said:
If you want to connect wires without a crimp or solder, then your best bet is using posi-lock connectors. Pick them up at walmart in the car stero area. Twist on.
Those may be the ticket. Thanks.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Does anyone know if anyone makes some kind of quick connectors for wires?? I ask because I have to remove my nitrous components for any dealer services and I am tired of having to splice the wires back and wrap them with tape again. I'm looking for a way to be able to clean up the wiring and make it a bit easier to remove and replace. Any direction will be appreciated.
We are running the same system and all my wires connect in the horn housing to a switch, why do you have to splice in?

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DTHDOC said:
We are running the same system and all my wires connect in the horn housing to a switch, why do you have to splice in?
No, no. I'm talking about all the wires that go from my solenoids. See, I remove my nitrous system from my bike when I take it in for maintenance. I remove the solenoids from under the airbox but I have cut the wires from the horn so I dont have to take those out. Then, when its back from the service, I can just put my solenoids back in and re-connect the wires. I just want a way to clean up the look and make it a little nicer and maintenance friendly.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Call MSD ( 888) 258-3835 They make the ignition boxes for racing & have all kind of waterproof connectors. They can make recommendations, they do this every day.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DTHDOC said:
Gotch, I am with RJ on this one then.
Then it's settled. I will go to Wal-Mart tonight and post up pics of my newly cleaned up system tomorrow.

Thanks for the help from all of you!!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great news!! I went to Wal-Mart last night and they had 1 box left on the clearance rack. They worked just like I needed them to and I bought some black wire covering, too, and cleaned up my internal set-up under the air box. Thanks for the help. I'll post up a thread in the nitrous area and put up the pics.

·
lftiger
30 Posts
Check with Jim at : www.easternbeaver.com This guy is the goods, he'll make you any kind of wiring harness you need with both high quality and at a reasonable price. He's based in Japan. :soapbox:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts