Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some storage for my 05b and came across these Chase Harper bags. I bought the 3550 saddle bags and the 4250 tail trunk bag. I had already installed a sissy bar that has a small rack on it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to rig up a bit bigger rack for the trunk bag as it kinda droops over the tail light a bit.

The bags look solid from a construction point of view, made in USA, and has a solid support system in place from what I can tell from various sites that I researched these on. Best of all they're affordable!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crickets?.... you guys think these are bad bags or something?
Well so far, so good. Took them on a 240 mile cruise this past weekend and they worked well fully loaded and I got some compliments on them too.
Very glad I purchased these!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im thinking of going the same route and putting these on a Muscle VRSCF... I have the same quesitons... how are they mounted.. Expecially the tail bag.. did you get the bungee or the velcro straps... Need to be sure I know how they will fit and mount up.. I'm fine with soft bags... I have used them much in the past on sport bikes.. thanks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question-
What do the saddlebags use for mounting/support? Anything attached to the bike or do they throw over?
These are throw overs, no hard supports to install. I attached 2 hooks to the front of the bags that hook into the "<" part of the frame in front and the rear attaches to the tail lights. Quick and easy on and off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking of going the same route and putting these on a Muscle VRSCF... I have the same quesitons... how are they mounted.. Expecially the tail bag.. did you get the bungee or the velcro straps... Need to be sure I know how they will fit and mount up.. I'm fine with soft bags... I have used them much in the past on sport bikes.. thanks..
For the tail bag I do have a luggage rack installed that supports that but the bag is expandable so if I were to pack it full I'm thinking of expanding the rack w/ a shelf or something to give it some more support. It does droop a bit over the tail light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the reply,, I'm sort of in a toss up between the Chase Harper Bags and the Kuryakyn Luggage.. I like them both.. So its a toss up, and I haven't bought them yet.. Still trying to imagine the fit in my head from online photos..
I need a good strap on tank bag also.. I hate not being able to use a magnetic bag, but they don't stick to plastic..
thanks for the reply.. Cheers..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply,, I'm sort of in a toss up between the Chase Harper Bags and the Kuryakyn Luggage.. I like them both.. So its a toss up, and I haven't bought them yet.. Still trying to imagine the fit in my head from online photos..
I need a good strap on tank bag also.. I hate not being able to use a magnetic bag, but they don't stick to plastic..
thanks for the reply.. Cheers..
Well if it's a toss up there's never been a greater time to buy American than now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts