Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
vmodded pipes are hollowed out with the baffles removed.. drilled pipes have the endcap drilled 8 times so that more sound can come out
hey bud....simply drilling the pipes with stock filter,you do not need any changes to fuel control...

once again you are going the same route I am aiming...new bike will get drilled first,for better sound only....there is a huge thread in the how too section about this....and all have said no changes needed...

then I will do my own Vmod and filter,and add a PC3 at that time...then later on I will be going to a thunderheader....love the sound and performance of that pipe best.

good luck....

PS:I found a set of the H-D drag bars instock!...hehe

EDIT:
I just noticed you said toppless...you might just want to go ahead and Vmod your pipes,cause there are lots of maps for Vmods with topless Im sure...

plus with more air in(topless) and not as much going out(without Vmod just drilled) you are not gonna be gaining much perfermance if any....Id just self mod them for now,till you get your pipe.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
i will hopefully have my pipes in a week so the labor in vmodding isnt worth it to me for a week

cool....which pipe ya going with?...i think ill run the drilled pipes awhile,till i can get the fuel controller...then ill go topless with controller and vmod for sometime too..see how I like it....i do love the look of stock pipes alot..

but eventually i want to end up with Thunderheaders...just love the sound and performance..and its longer then others so its not ringing in your ear which i dont want....not a fan of the shorter ones...

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.