Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my pcIII usb today and I will be installing it on the bike in about 20 minutes.

07 AW
Massively Drilled stock pipes
Stock filter
topless

will the stock baseline map from powercommander work? The only thing they have available for it says

2007 Harley Night Rod / Street Rod
Stock exhaust
Stock filter
Stock ECM

will this work? And what modifications should I make to it to accomidate for my k&n that I will be picking up this week?

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Your pipes aren't stock, they're drilled so you don't want to run it with that map. You should be able to find a decent map in the map thread here in the forum.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
sgtrage said:
Your pipes aren't stock, they're drilled so you don't want to run it with that map. You should be able to find a decent map in the map thread here in the forum.

Didn't notice you had an '07 so I'm not sure on the maps here on the forum. Are the 06 and earlier maps the same as the 07 map formats?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sgtrage said:
i looked throught the entire maps thread and saw vmodded pipes but nothing for drilled pipes.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
i looked throught the entire maps thread and saw vmodded pipes but nothing for drilled pipes.

When you say "drilled" what do you mean exactly? V-modded pipes are drilled but I'm not sure if it is in the same manner as yours.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sgtrage said:
When you say "drilled" what do you mean exactly? V-modded pipes are drilled but I'm not sure if it is in the same manner as yours.
vmodded pipes are hollowed out with the baffles removed.. drilled pipes have the endcap drilled 8 times so that more sound can come out

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
vmodded pipes are hollowed out with the baffles removed.. drilled pipes have the endcap drilled 8 times so that more sound can come out
hey bud....simply drilling the pipes with stock filter,you do not need any changes to fuel control...

once again you are going the same route I am aiming...new bike will get drilled first,for better sound only....there is a huge thread in the how too section about this....and all have said no changes needed...

then I will do my own Vmod and filter,and add a PC3 at that time...then later on I will be going to a thunderheader....love the sound and performance of that pipe best.

good luck....

PS:I found a set of the H-D drag bars instock!...hehe

EDIT:
I just noticed you said toppless...you might just want to go ahead and Vmod your pipes,cause there are lots of maps for Vmods with topless Im sure...

plus with more air in(topless) and not as much going out(without Vmod just drilled) you are not gonna be gaining much perfermance if any....Id just self mod them for now,till you get your pipe.

Dan

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will hopefully have my pipes in a week so the labor in vmodding isnt worth it to me for a week

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
i will hopefully have my pipes in a week so the labor in vmodding isnt worth it to me for a week

cool....which pipe ya going with?...i think ill run the drilled pipes awhile,till i can get the fuel controller...then ill go topless with controller and vmod for sometime too..see how I like it....i do love the look of stock pipes alot..

but eventually i want to end up with Thunderheaders...just love the sound and performance..and its longer then others so its not ringing in your ear which i dont want....not a fan of the shorter ones...

Dan

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOS-DAN said:
cool....which pipe ya going with?...i think ill run the drilled pipes awhile,till i can get the fuel controller...then ill go topless with controller and vmod for sometime too..see how I like it....i do love the look of stock pipes alot..

but eventually i want to end up with Thunderheaders...just love the sound and performance..and its longer then others so its not ringing in your ear which i dont want....not a fan of the shorter ones...

Dan
well I am supposed to be getting some new cfr's from a guy on here.. he is waiting on a box to ship them out so I am just waiting on that. I picked up my powercommander yesterday and was gonna throw it on but it didnt seem to run good with the map for a stock bike so I just uninstalled it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts