Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new here so go easy on me. I'm convinced that I like the muscle the most and will be getting one real soon,right now I'm out in the Bering Sea fishing so until I'm done in early August I can't go look at them,pretty sure I'll be getting 2013 or if I can find a 12 and get a good deal. So I noticed some of the ones in the picture thread have black swing arms and some are chrome,did the guys with the black ones have theirs powder coated? Or can you get the that way? Now I hope I don't offend anyone,but I really don't like the exhaust they come with,I'd rather have a 2 into one on the one side,how big a deal is that other than cost? I see there's a lot of talk about tuneing when you change exhaust. And the last thing is the handle bars,is it a big deal to get drag bars,being that the speedo cluster is mounted on them? I just want to do a few changes so it doesn't look stock,I will have the 280 rear tire installed before I even leave the dealership also. Thanks for any replys you give,just remember I'm new so go easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To try to answer your questions quickly...

-Black swingarms are from a DX, painted, or powdercoated
-There are many 2 into 1 exhausts including V&H, Bassani, and many others
-Tuning is pretty much accepted as necessary to any filter/exhaust change
-Drag bars will cost a pretty penny and be quite time consuming, but if you've got the cash or skills...

The mod bug will never go away!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To try to answer your questions quickly...

-Black swingarms are from a DX, painted, or powdercoated
-There are many 2 into 1 exhausts including V&H, Bassani, and many others
-Tuning is pretty much accepted as necessary to any filter/exhaust change
-Drag bars will cost a pretty penny and be quite time consuming, but if you've got the cash or skills...

The mod bug will never go away!
Oh I know all about that mod bug,I have a Supercharged C-5 Corvette,been modding it since I bought it new in 99.
Now all I think about is getting this vrod,I'll probably have parts fr it before I even get one. Really can't wait to get home and get one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im in your same boat brother. im deployed and waiting to get home and pick up my muscle. i already bought my v&h 2-1, my 280 rear tire, and my arnnot shocks. now if i could just get out of this sh!t hole country.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
as stated the black swing arms are coated, I've had the V&H and now have the Bassani which I feel makes a better range of power, look at past threads from a member Alwayslooking, he has done some amazing things and may be able to steer you in the right direction on the bars

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Ok I'm new here so go easy on me. I'm convinced that I like the muscle the most and will be getting one real soon,right now I'm out in the Bering Sea fishing so until I'm done in early August I can't go look at them,pretty sure I'll be getting 2013 or if I can find a 12 and get a good deal. So I noticed some of the ones in the picture thread have black swing arms and some are chrome,did the guys with the black ones have theirs powder coated? Or can you get the that way? Now I hope I don't offend anyone,but I really don't like the exhaust they come with,I'd rather have a 2 into one on the one side,how big a deal is that other than cost? I see there's a lot of talk about tuneing when you change exhaust. And the last thing is the handle bars,is it a big deal to get drag bars,being that the speedo cluster is mounted on them? I just want to do a few changes so it doesn't look stock,I will have the 280 rear tire installed before I even leave the dealership also. Thanks for any replys you give,just remember I'm new so go easy.

Dont let the dealer touch your bike.............my :2cents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts