Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
bobbyd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
This question is for anyone with a current VRod Touring setup.
I've owned my 2006 VRSCA since new and have decided to do a bagger conversion using FLH Style hard saddlebags and rear stretched fender. I know I'll be doing alot of custom modifications since there are no more bolt on kits from cycle vision.
My question is about the Stock OE Fender Struts. Are they stout enough to support the added weight of hard b, extnded fender, luggage and possibly a tour pack? I see plenty of pictures online of full on VRod Touring Bikes but was unsure if the struts were supporting all that extra weight.
Thanks!

·
Stevie
64 Posts
They need some more support. I added some steel bars from the rear fender struts/support and welded them to rear tail section of the frame. Heres a picture of my vrod bagger fully loaded that i rode 2 up out to sturgis

·
bobbyd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. I'll keep that in mind when I get started.. VRod Struts look so flimsy compared to FLH or Softail Frame mounted ones.
A picture I saw of your bike helped me decide to keep my '06 and go Full Bagger. I never liked the looks of Cycle Visions Rear Fender Extension thingy but yours flows the way the rear end should.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello all!
This question is for anyone with a current VRod Touring setup.
I've owned my 2006 VRSCA since new and have decided to do a bagger conversion using FLH Style hard saddlebags and rear stretched fender. I know I'll be doing alot of custom modifications since there are no more bolt on kits from cycle vision.
My question is about the Stock OE Fender Struts. Are they stout enough to support the added weight of hard b, extnded fender, luggage and possibly a tour pack? I see plenty of pictures online of full on VRod Touring Bikes but was unsure if the struts were supporting all that extra weight.
Thanks!
Depending on what your doing

A lot of people do build the rear subframe

Heavy duty bag supports help too

Btw I have designed and am selling a RG fairing mount/ bag mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts