Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
To the best of my knowledge they never offered that kit in black. The only colored ones I have seen were from DOM or Doming Specialties??? They are a domed sticker and they can put designs in them or sell them plain I believe? I think Ghostrider Customs is a vendor for them.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah saw the sticker crap, who would thinka sticker on a section of the engine that gets hot was a good idea. Just crazy if you ask me.

Does anyone know what the HD ones are made of? Is it something like Alm. that I could get anno'd? Or is it steel/plastic that would be harder to get in black.

VENT: Another thing I don't get, is why the F**K does Harley not make parts like this in black? The do the grips, levers, pegs, etc. as an aftermarket item to pick up. And no one can arguee the NRS isn't the most poperlure as this fourum proves it. IE look at the section that is broken down to type of bike. 100% of the time the VRSCDX aka NRS has the most surfing that section compaired to the others.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I actually have some of these and there have been no heat issues. They are a fast, easy, cheap mod that look great. They are also not really just a sticker, they are a thick dome that sticks on, not just a piece of vinyl.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Yes they only go inside the outer ring... I believe the chrome Harley ones are the same and don't cover the outer ring either... If you want something to cover the entire thing it wouldn't be hard to make a cap that would go on kind like the fork stem covers and have them powder coated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try Pondo....had to say it....Hearing about this guy for years, never ordered thankfully...but fool me once...fool me twice, etc....

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I have the chrome H-D ones and they cover the entire cam plug. They appear to be made of metal to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts