Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched it again last night for the 1st time in MONTHS, realized I like the Discovery Channel Docu better. Anyways filmed this when there where Too many Vrods in the line up ("R"'s Screaming Eagle, Etc...) so now that there is no more Screaming Eagle Vrod or the other "Models" what do they do with all that extra space and where a buncha people laid off or transfered to other plants now that the line is down to 3?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Dave, they probably just make more AW's, DX's and NRS's. In most OEM's, fewer models mean faster cycle times, which means more units produced. Just a hunch, but the factory guys might be able to give us a hint. Joe

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
I heard they have been all assigned to the anti-wind Wobble task force. HD got tired of all the VRod and Fat Boy owners bitching.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
They all run down the same line except the SE which are assembled in another room. They would mix the models being built depending on orders.

David you if show up on time for the rally you will be able to see for your self.:)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Like Greg said they all came down the same line. The only bikes that weren't made on the regular line were the vrscse models. I think those guys that built them don't do just the v-rods but build all SE models so there probably isn't any change at the KC plant. From what I understand even with fewer models production is way up for the v-rod line. Last I heard was 67 bikes a day I think.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VrodG said:
They all run down the same line except the SE which are assembled in another room. They would mix the models being built depending on orders.

David you if show up on time for the rally you will be able to see for your self.:)
I dunno I have had Nightmares where Painted 2 tones tins where all attacking me, I might have an adverse reaction to riding in the rain to get there than being locked in a room with all that paint.:hidesbeh:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max said:
Like Greg said they all came down the same line. The only bikes that weren't made on the regular line were the vrscse models. I think those guys that built them don't do just the v-rods but build all SE models so there probably isn't any change at the KC plant. From what I understand even with fewer models production is way up for the v-rod line. Last I heard was 67 bikes a day I think.
Odd considering none of my Local Dealerships have any on the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts