Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting around to doing my 240 conversion on my 03a. I have the stock front pulley and a narrowed stock rear pulley.

I just ordered a se skinny belt from zanotti's.

I oredered the following part#:
40627-06

I am now starting to think that's the wrong one for me setup. I think that is the 149 tooth one, but I'm not completely sure. Will this belt work? Or do I need to send it back for the 150 tooth? Anyone know that part #?

Also, does anybody have a link to a picture of the notched rear brack caliper tab? I can't find one anywhere via search.

Thanks!

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
I am finally getting around to doing my 240 conversion on my 03a. I have the stock front pulley and a narrowed stock rear pulley.

I just ordered a se skinny belt from zanotti's.

I oredered the following part#:
40627-06

I am now starting to think that's the wrong one for me setup. I think that is the 149 tooth one, but I'm not completely sure. Will this belt work? Or do I need to send it back for the 150 tooth? Anyone know that part #?

Also, does anybody have a link to a picture of the notched rear brack caliper tab? I can't find one anywhere via search.

Thanks!
The belt that you ordered is the 149 tooth belt. It is made for a 28 tooth front sprocket that is standard on the VRSCSE2.

The one that you need is the 150 tooth belt. It is made for an International Only (HDI) application that uses a 30 tooth front sprocket. The part number is 40658-06.

You can wait for the belt to see if it will stretch far enough to go over your 30 tooth, or
you can order the 150 tooth belt, or
you can order the 28 tooth front sprocket 40656-06 if you have the hub 35423-04K (doubtful), or
you can order the 28 tooth sprocket that fits your output flange.

The last two options above will require re-calibration of your speedometer.

lmgtfy
Search: notch,swing,arm
Budget 240

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dr. Dave! Great info.I had a bunch of stuff bookmarked from a year or so ago, but got a new pc and lost all my info!

Really think I could stretch that belt to fit??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts