Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 A model. I like the bars on it now, but i want to go w/ more of a drag bar. I know hd makes the ones for it, but i want even more of a straight drag bar than that. I did some research on here how to do it, and most people go w/ the B riser and gauge bezel setup. This is what I am looking to do, but I don't know what all parts I need. If anyone would give me any info. on all the B parts I need that would be great.

Also, if I do this I want to get the chrome guage bezel for it. Does anyone know where I can get this, and how much it is? If not, Im just going to have it chromed after I get it.

Thanks guys, Ryan.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I don't know if the sell a kit, but the part #'s are:
55989-04 Handlebar clamp
55990-04 Handlebar clamp
46150-04 Instrument housing
67591-04 Bezel
That's out of my '04 parts catalog. I think that you may be able to get them in black off of a Nightrod, the '04's were silver.
You can use any 1" bars with these, and you will be able to use your same gage cluster and bolt it right on.
Hope it helps.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
You will also need:
3385M Screws (4 Pcs)
3798M Screws (2 Pcs)
3386 Screws (4 Pcs)
As I understand they are not included.

·
Still too slow
336 Posts
I have installed the B-Riser on my 02A. You will have the following issues: You will need a shorter front brake line. The control wiring is sized in length to accomodate the "A" clam shell, you have to be a little creative to get it tucked in and secured. Your throttle cables will be a little long but workable. I have had no problems with this setup and it is nice to be able to use any 1 in bar out there. :D

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
Chip said:
I have installed the B-Riser on my 02A. You will have the following issues: You will need a shorter front brake line. The control wiring is sized in length to accomodate the "A" clam shell, you have to be a little creative to get it tucked in and secured. Your throttle cables will be a little long but workable. I have had no problems with this setup and it is nice to be able to use any 1 in bar out there. :D

Don't forget the major pita part for 02 or 03 clusters, there is no threads in the back to attach it to the riser, the holes are there but they aren't threaded. I used a metal drywall anchor deal from the hardware store that fit perfect in the hole and some super glue. Otherwise someone can pull out your gauge with out a problem and it will bounce around in the riser. Also there isn't the tabs for the benzel to snap onto to keep it secured, so again I used some crazy glue and cut some plastic tabs and glued them on. Works fine so far.

Here is the link to my pictures and the fix, I don't have a picture of the tabs for the benzel.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61096&page=2

·
Still too slow
336 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Don't forget the major pita part for 02 or 03 clusters, there is no threads in the back to attach it to the riser, the holes are there but they aren't threaded. I used a metal drywall anchor deal from the hardware store that fit perfect in the hole and some super glue. Otherwise someone can pull out your gauge with out a problem and it will bounce around in the riser. Also there isn't the tabs for the benzel to snap onto to keep it secured, so again I used some crazy glue and cut some plastic tabs and glued them on. Works fine so far.

Here is the link to my pictures and the fix, I don't have a picture of the tabs for the benzel.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61096&page=2
Yep,, now that I think about it, I did have to do a little rigging and self tapping to get the cluster mounted solidly.

Thanks for the backup...

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I installed one on my '02 and didnt have to change out any cables or lines (Used ZBars so I do not know if yours are narrower), the wiring cluster inside does need some Zip tie to tuck it away. The B Riser I sent out to get chromed was Malted by the Chromer, He claimed it was magnesium and not metal, I would tell you the name of that chromer but its been 8 months and I am still waiting for my FULL refund check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. guys. You were lots of help. I will probably end up doing this soon. I called the local dealer to get some prices. I see in the hd accesories book they only list a black one, and I dont want black, so I will have to figure out where I can get a gray one, or just have it painted. Won't try to have it chromed because of the different type of metal.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
bub03 said:
Thanks for all the info. guys. You were lots of help. I will probably end up doing this soon. I called the local dealer to get some prices. I see in the hd accesories book they only list a black one, and I dont want black, so I will have to figure out where I can get a gray one, or just have it painted. Won't try to have it chromed because of the different type of metal.

Have them check the 04 vrscb parts book for the part number on the grey,

oops I see pondo already hooked you up, my bad!

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I just sent the three parts out for powder coating! I wish you would have posted last week. Anyway, I have the riser 55989-04, and the housing 46150-04. You would still need the screws as Pondo mentioned and the bezel and clamp 55990-04. They are black so you would have to get them Powder Coated or painted. PM me if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts