Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did you pick the F over the others vrods? I'm going to be getting one soon and so far I like the F model for its looks,other than the exhaust on both sides,I'll be changing that right away when I get one. Just want to see what everyone else sees in them. Im new to this forum so don't flame me too bad. Hope to be asking lots of question of you guys when I get it,hopefully in August when I get home. Thanks

·
Muscle
208 Posts
I originally planned on a NRS until I saw one side-by-side with a muscle. You don't see many vrscf's on the road either. I also didnt like the dual exhaust at first and planned on going with a 2:1 but they grew on me and I wound up with tabs slip ons. Check out your fav two models in person, I'll bet you will have made your decision after doing so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I originally planned on a NRS until I saw one side-by-side with a muscle. You don't see many vrscf's on the road either. I also didnt like the dual exhaust at first and planned on going with a 2:1 but they grew on me and I wound up with tabs slip ons. Check out your fav two models in person, I'll bet you will have made your decision after doing so.
Thanks for your reply,I too thought for sure I would be getting a NRS,but then I saw the F and that changed my mind the sec I saw it. My wife is not the kind of woman to ride on the back of a bike,when I told her I wanted one,she said she would like one also,maybe I can talk her into getting the NRS and I could have both. Ha ha. Can't wait till August now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I went with the Muscle over the other Rod's because of the killer dual exhaust, front signals in mirror stems and the back lights integrated into the fender. Plus, until the 2012's, it was the only one with inverted shocks. They are all aewsome and you can't go wrong with any of the Vrods, but for me, the Muscle is simply WICKED!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Other then the NRS, I never really liked any of the other VRods. I do however love the look of the Muscle. Mostly because of the chopped rear fender and the LED signals in the back of the mirrors. Those are my two most favorite things about my bike. Plus, it just rides amazing. Its big, long, fast, and nimble ;-)

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
originally was after a NRS but all the good deals were gone by the time my bonus came in, so was eye ballin' new and just happened to look over in the used section and saw the F I now own, have always liked the rear view, the duals don't do anything special for me tho, like the wider airbox, just has a larger over all feel as apposed to the others

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Why did you pick the F over the others vrods? I'm going to be getting one soon and so far I like the F model for its looks,other than the exhaust on both sides,I'll be changing that right away when I get one. Just want to see what everyone else sees in them. Im new to this forum so don't flame me too bad. Hope to be asking lots of question of you guys when I get it,hopefully in August when I get home. Thanks
Check out the vids in my youtube link below and you will see why I picked mine. It is just plain sexier.

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
I originally got interested with the Vrod in 2002, took one for a test drive, loved the power and smoothness hated the suspension too soft. Fast forward to 2009 the Muscle came out, inverted forks and really nice styling including the dual exhaust which I really like. Now in 2012 all the models are the same except for the styling so now it's just a choice of what you think looks good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A Combination of reasons really, colour (denim white and graphite stripe), but really it would have to be the USD front forks/straight ish handle bars. The forks remove all signs of flex under heavy breaking (unlike my 06 DX) and the bars just seem to give a comfortable controlled riding position. (my fist post people).

·
Registered
547 Posts
I took my younger son to the HD dealer with me. He liked the LED indicators in the mirror stem, I liked the general stance and chopped rear tailpiece and the tail light....and they look great in vivid black - the only colour for a motorcycle.
I have had mine since November 2010 - no regrets

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What's not to like :D. Turn signals in the Mirrors, (with a mirror flip mod :notworth: ) Rear signal/brake "hidden" in the rear fender. I like the Tach on the "F" . the others are 1/2 tachs. Stock seat kind of sucks but its a small detail. Good mix of Chrome & Black

1 - 14 of 14 Posts