Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to purchase a "minny" upright (no pad) for an 07 DX in gloss black. Harley sells the base plate in gloss back to fit the Dx but the only padless minny upright that fits THAT base is in chrome only! Had the whole staff at the dealership working on it and eventually scratchin' their heads. Even their "updated" website was lacking the part.

Harley: What's up with that? :banghead:

DX owners: any help? Already thought of powder coating!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joem198 said:
powdercoat it-wasnt available in black-at least not 3 months ago

as I said above, I realize I have that option and will no doubt go that route, but why should we have to, and all black powder coating is not an exact match. They sell a blacked out bike, offer a black base but not the minny upright in black!!!???

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
:them:

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Here's a solution. Find a girl who doesnt want the sissy bar- like mine. She's crazy imo. She has only come close to falling off 2x.
Powder coating is probably a cheaper solution than what could happen- i should look into that....

·
1,016 Posts
Try Tyson, he's on here and has powdercoated tons of parts for forum mebers. Don't forget to ask for his girlfriend's phone number.

·
Registered
683 Posts
don't even get me started on the fact that the visible hardware for the baseplate and riser is chrome...... for a BLACK baseplate specifically for a BLACK bike grrrrrr

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Harley does a couple of silly things like that. How about the shiny bolt heads on the black sissybar kit. I guess with 1,637,449 things to worry about I'll cut them a little slack.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EZE RIDER said:
Harley does a couple of silly things like that. How about the shiny bolt heads on the black sissybar kit. I guess with 1,637,449 things to worry about I'll cut them a little slack.

the whole Dx has shiny bolts/nuts/screws that should be black, but I guess that was a "design" decision.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I ordered black bolts for the baseplate and sissy bar. I even ordered extra bolts for the sissy bar so when it is not attached I can fill in the bolt holes. NOTE: the extra bolts I ordered to fill in the holes when the sissy ba is not attached are to long and will need to be cut to fit....

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
traktime said:
the whole Dx has shiny bolts/nuts/screws that should be black, but I guess that was a "design" decision.

I agree it must been a design decision.....I do like to have some contrast onthe DX and appreciate certain parts of the shiny against the all black scheme...I am probably in the monority here.

Dan

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
I agree it must been a design decision.....I do like to have some contrast onthe DX and appreciate certain parts of the shiny against the all black scheme...I am probably in the monority here.

Dan
:them:

·
Registered
323 Posts
b.o.o.h.o.o...just do what I did...had mine powdercoated to match $30

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rondo said:
b.o.o.h.o.o...just do what I did...had mine powdercoated to match $30
The dealer F--CKED me again, charged me 80.00 to have it powdercoated..:chair:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ouch!!!! Not all the dealers do that but it pays to check around until you find you can trust your dealer. I have had black bikes for so many years I don't even think about why you can't find black parts. For years I have had to buy chrome and have them powdercoated. By the way, there are a ton more than where were 4 years ago. As for the screw heads all over the bike that look like polished metal measles.......I have found it best to just use the black hot toppers rather than the black screws......Some of the black screws are painted or powdercoated and get chipped.....black hot toppers work better and you can get a full kit for the DX for under $300. See their web site: www.hottoppers.com Much cheaper than black screws.:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts