Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Harley side plate mounts work for the v-rod?
How is everyones plates mounting? to the swingarm or the shock bolt?
I am looking for a cheap way to get rid of the [email protected] and i have been seeing side plates for $100 and up. :broke: ...any help would be appreciated and please post some pictures as well !

:kaz:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chris i really like the RMD products but the S.O. would kick my a$$ if i spent that much.
At most i might be able to spend $120..any ideas?

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Something like this should keep you within budget:

:D :D :D :D

Shawn, I am totally kidding, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to be a smart-ass... my wife would beat my ass if I spent that much on something to hold my license plate... hell, the sticker on it is not even current, but that's another story for another time. ;)

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Paul Yaffee makes a sweet one too....................Joe, yours would be my second choice.... :dance:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why wouldn't this work?
Is there that big of a difference in the Fatboys,FxST's ..etc. over the v-rod?
i wonder if it would work with a little modification?
has'nt anyone tried it yet?

Joe i would almost try that, it does'nt have to be snazzy....just work.
just as long as i could remove that doga$$.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
ChopperSteve has one featured this month!

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daniii said:
ChopperSteve has one featured this month!
That looked alot like it is made by the same pople who made the one i posted ,only the one i posted is $120 and steve wants $249.95 for his.If i could spend that much money i would get the sundowner seat first...lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
RMDBillet sidemount...

Does anyone have the RMD Billet sidemount and if so, do you have any recommendations on how to hide the wiring for the light??? I am thinking about ordering it, but the last thing I want is wiring showing on the bike...i like to keep it as clean as possible!

·
Registered
229 Posts
sideplate

rude122 said:
Does anyone have the RMD Billet sidemount and if so, do you have any recommendations on how to hide the wiring for the light??? I am thinking about ordering it, but the last thing I want is wiring showing on the bike...i like to keep it as clean as possible!
The RMD Billet sidemount plate is a beautiful piece and you will not be disappointed. I mounted mine and ran the wire in my axle cover down under the swing arm and up under the seat. Really nice! You will have to lower the bike to make it look right. I cut my rear shocks 1" inch, which lowers the bike about 1 3/4" inchs. If you are really interested, I will send pictures.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
229 Posts
side mount plate

jcolodny said:
Vrodtom....please post pictures. I am about to wire up my sidemount plate and am looking for ideas. Thanks, John
I drilled a hole in my axle cover and ran the wire into it and down under the swing arm and up under the seat. I will take a few pictures on sunday and post.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
291 Posts
vrodtom, that would be great if you could send me a pic or 2!!! I appreciate your feedback. :thumb:

vrodtom said:
The RMD Billet sidemount plate is a beautiful piece and you will not be disappointed. I mounted mine and ran the wire in my axle cover down under the swing arm and up under the seat. Really nice! You will have to lower the bike to make it look right. I cut my rear shocks 1" inch, which lowers the bike about 1 3/4" inchs. If you are really interested, I will send pictures.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I also have the RMD Billet. Well worth the price. Very high quality. I also like Harleyvrodguy's sidemount. I can't remember how much he spent. I am old, therefore I have no memory.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
I am looking for a cheap way to get rid of the [email protected] and i have been seeing side plates for $100 and up. :broke: ...any help would be appreciated and please post some pictures as well !

This is on eBay right now, offers you an inexpensive (relatively) solution.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35557&item=2460866232

·
Submariner
186 Posts
FastVRSCA said:

This is on eBay right now, offers you an inexpensive (relatively) solution.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35557&item=2460866232

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks CHRIS thats awesome !
it says the bracket is painted, i might get it chromed, i will post pictures after i install it and let eveyone know how well it is built...etc.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts