Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 A and finally got around to lowering the rear end with the Progessive 440's 1 inch shorter than stock. It looks awesome now and the ride is much better.

Q: I didn't touch the front end and was wondering if there are any issues with just lowering the rear and leaving the front alone.

It seems to ride nice this way and looks good too. I have thought about lowering the front, but it looks like quite a job and also worried about scraping the radiator shrouds as well.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Mike I lowered my front only 1/2, orginally I was going to go with a 1" but after discussion and looking at the bike from many different angles really didnt think it needed to be lowered 1". I went with the Progressive Spring kit and purchased Amsoil Synthetic Fork Oil and love the remarkable difference in the setups.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, did you do the front springs yourself? Looks like quite a job for a computer geek like myself.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Umm this I didnt do I did everything but this. I had a guy who used to own a motorcycle shop do it for me. It was well well worth it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have an 03 "A". This past weekend I installed the Progressive lowering forks which lowered the front by 1". The change in the comfort of the ride and the handling is well worth the time and money for this mod.

Use this link (to Flyin Freddie's prior post).......http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17155 .............for a very helpful guide to do-it-yourself. When you read through it, it may seem intimidating but in reality it is an easy project if you follow the step-by-step instructions.

If you run into a question during the project there are plenty of members who can give you advice and guidance.

·
FireBum
485 Posts
If you only need 1/2 inch would there be any thing wrong with sliding the forks up in the triple trees ?

·
Scott
492 Posts
mnerren said:
I have an 02 A and finally got around to lowering the rear end with the Progessive 440's 1 inch shorter than stock. It looks awesome now and the ride is much better.

Q: I didn't touch the front end and was wondering if there are any issues with just lowering the rear and leaving the front alone.

It seems to ride nice this way and looks good too. I have thought about lowering the front, but it looks like quite a job and also worried about scraping the radiator shrouds as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike...do you have a before and after pic? I want to do the exact same thing - rear not front - but want to put SE oil in the front. Would love to see a pic of the difference and if you get around to switching out the oil in front would love to hear your opinions on the progression of this mod! - Scott

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Shonoff said:
If you only need 1/2 inch would there be any thing wrong with sliding the forks up in the triple trees ?
Well u could but I wanted the Progessieve Springs and some gooooood Amsoil Fork oil for a MUCH MUCH MUCH better ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mike...do you have a before and after pic? I want to do the exact same thing - rear not front - but want to put SE oil in the front. Would love to see a pic of the difference and if you get around to switching out the oil in front would love to hear your opinions on the progression of this mod! - Scott

I know this is an OLD thread but I'm looking for a pic of a before & after with 1" lowering in rear. Anybody have one... or at least a good side view of the "after"?:notworth:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts