Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those use this stuff regularly, I am looking for some summer protection for my legs. During the colder months I have my leather chaps, but those are entirely out of the question in the desert for summertime use. I am looking to get some opinions of some Mesh-type overpant options. If anyone has anything I'm all
!

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Xo,

The whole thing about leg protection is that there is something there. A mesh anything on the legs would almost be like riding in shorts but I have seen some interesting things in the bike rags. There are some riding jeans that have some separation at the knee and on the sides of the thigh, though they may still cook you in the summertime sun down there.

By the way, your avatar looks very cool but makes me want to reach for a brown paper bag to breathe into. :)

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the avatar, thanks. Don't hyperventilate!

The reason for me asking, I ride to work. Work is 50 miles 1 way from where I live, all of that is interstate. I work in a hospital so I have to wear scrubs at work. Currently, I just put on my scrubs, throw on either my mesh jacket or my textile jacket with armor, helmet, gloves, and a pair of carpenter jeans over my scrubs. After seeing what some of these accidents that people are having does to a pair of denim jeans, I was hoping for something a lil more... abrasive resistant. Have been looking at the draggin jeans, but would have to get a fairly large pair of them. I'm not exactacly what someone would call 'petite' :rofl2: Found a pair on Jafrum.com but not sure, have bought leather and helmets from them before, and the quality has been exceptional. Was just curious about other options for the mesh over-pants. Thanks for the responces!

-Bill

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i love my draggin jeans winter put thermals under them and summer i think the woven kevlar dont heat you up that much and is quite comfy,and the bonus is go to a party in them look casual ,drink too much ,fall over ,no problem about scraped knees,,,,lol,,

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
I just put shorts on under my regular overpants and open up the vents. Didn't think it would work that well at first but you'd be surprised.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was in a cycle supply shop the other day and one of the salesman showed me some mesh gear that had been in a good long highway slide by a customer (he said 480 feet) [only 1 broken rib btw - they were fine]. I think it was a Tourmaster Intake jacket and one of their mesh pants (I think Venture?). The jacket looked like it had literally been through a shredder, but only the first layer of mesh was trashed. The second layer of mesh was in one piece. No blood stains, and only 1 small dime sized hole through the second layer of mesh. He showed the pants and they were in phenomenal shape and he even showed where the ambulance crew had started to cut the pants off but gave up and just used the zippers. There was about an inch and a half slice along the bottom that did indeed look like someone had started cutting them... and gave up... :)
Honestly, it sold me. I tried on an intake jacket and it seemed like a really nice all-in-one jacket. Another customer was near me at the time while I was trying it on and said he had one and highly recommended it - saying it was just like wearing a t-shirt if you removed the rain/wind and thermal liners.
The pants seemed nice as well, but over my jeans seemed pretty bulky.
I ordered the jacket but am still on the fence about the pants. I'll probably get them and give them a shot. I just know if I'm going to go for a ride on the pavement, my ass and legs will bear the brunt of it. If I can wear a good set of mesh overpants, I might go for it (at least when I'm commuting).

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
Fieldsheer makes a nice mesh overpants with armor over multiple areas, which fits nicely over shorts

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Check out the Joe Rocket Phoenix Pants. The are a ballistic nylon mesh and are excellent for keeping out the heal while offering excellent protection.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts