Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Street Rod with a little over 4k on the clock. I've had it for under a year and put a little over 1,000 miles on the bike. Last night I went for a ride and noticed that my turn signal indicator lights & the high beam indicator light started blinking (just those lights, none of the others). The lights were very faint and blinked intermittently, but all three came on at the same time. I tried to isolate a speed, RPM level, or throttle position where it was most prevalent, but didn't have much luck (a little distracting while riding in the dark). My best guess is that it is most frequent between about 4k & 5k on the tach. Everything else on the bike works fine.

The majority of my riding has been during the day & with my high beam on, so it is possible that this has been going on for a while & I just now noticed it. I followed the thread about checking the codes, however PS&C all came up "none." I just changed the oil about 2 weeks ago & on Saturday had the VRSCR recall on the heat shield taken care of.

Anyone have any suggestions (or is there another thread I missed)? My main concern is if it's something I really need to worry about or if it's just a minor fluke. I think I have a little bit of warranty left, but getting it into the dealer is going to be tough. Thanks

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Has the cluster gotten wet lately. I recall reading a few posts about the clusters acting goofy after getting wet.

You may wanna try searching for something along those lines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. Actually, I haven't washed my bike in a couple of weeks, and I park it in the garage. I did ride through a nice storm that night, but only after I noticed the lights flashing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts