Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local stealer to get a quote for installing FCs, SERT and dyno time. i am wondering if these times seem out of line.? They told me 3 hours to install the pipes, 1.5 hours to install Race Tuner and 2.5 hours on Dyno.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
It only sounds right if the mechanic has worms! Should be an hour and a half tops to install pipe and 30 mins to install the sert and around 2 hours for the dyno.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rcwire said:
Maybe so. But, would you rather they estimate lower and have it end up taking longer?
No, but why should I pay them for three hours if it only takes 1.5? I would expect them to know how long this stuff takes, since that is all they do!

Thanks.
mike

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Go elswhere! there is no install for the race tuner, it takes 5 minutes to flash the ecm with the race tuner. An amature can install the pipe in less than an hour!

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Go elswhere! there is no install for the race tuner, it takes 5 minutes to flash the ecm with the race tuner. An amature can install the pipe in less than an hour!
:them: I did it last night and it only took me 1 hour. So yes an amature can do it in an hour.

·
Registered
267 Posts
veeger62 said:
I went to my local stealer to get a quote for installing FCs, SERT and dyno time. i am wondering if these times seem out of line.? They told me 3 hours to install the pipes, 1.5 hours to install Race Tuner and 2.5 hours on Dyno.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Wow. 3 hours to install the pipes is high. 1.5 hours on the race tuner??

I installed the D&D Fat Cats on my D model and took my time. It might have taken an hour. I plugged in the PCIII and I was done.

Shop the job around - you can probably do better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I usually do most of my own car maintenance but have never ripped the bike apart. I'm thinking of just installing them myself but wanted to get the pricing.

I looked at the head bolts and it looks like the lower back bolt is in a tricky location. Any special tools???

thanks.
Mike

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
veeger62 said:
Thanks everyone for your input. I usually do most of my own car maintenance but have never ripped the bike apart. I'm thinking of just installing them myself but wanted to get the pricing.

I looked at the head bolts and it looks like the lower back bolt is in a tricky location. Any special tools???

thanks.
Mike
Just remove the front pully cover on the left side(3 bolts) to get at the back lower stud and the heat shields to get at the front.

·
Gambler
78 Posts
Hi,

I did the D&D install myself about a month ago. You can do it.

I had the bike dynoed with the PCIII and had them tune both cylinders individually took about 2.5 hours total.

Shop around for dyno time too...... lots of different rates $$

Love the sound and the power.....since the tune.

Now I drag the pipe on right hand turns....:banghead:

If you need some help give me a yell we have them on in no time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cytoviper said:
Hi,

I did the D&D install myself about a month ago. You can do it.

I had the bike dynoed with the PCIII and had them tune both cylinders individually took about 2.5 hours total.

Shop around for dyno time too...... lots of different rates $$

Love the sound and the power.....since the tune.

Now I drag the pipe on right hand turns....:banghead:

If you need some help give me a yell we have them on in no time.

O.K. thanks. I may take you up on that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts