Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it OK to charge the batter on a trickle charger all night with the garage door shut? I know when the battery is charging it puts off some type of gas... but don't know if it's enough to do any harm overnight in the garage with no ventilation...

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You can trickle charge alnight without any problems. The amount of gas given off while charging is very small. I plug mine in just about every night. Never had an issue.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
bbruce65 said:
You can trickle charge alnight without any problems. The amount of gas given off while charging is very small. I plug mine in just about every night. Never had an issue.
what about that Acid Reflux and that Migraine? :spit:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bryan!! So just about every night you take off your air box cover and hook her up?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
jlowry6 said:
Thanks Bryan!! So just about every night you take off your air box cover and hook her up?
Jamie,

I have a lead on the battery that is stored behind the right side lover cover and can be pulled out at will where the throttle cables run. I just tuck it back when not in use.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
The battery tender comes with a cable, and even a plug so it doesn't get corroded when not in use. I use the same cable to power my Ipod. Get that bike on the road!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe me... I'm trying Daniii!!!

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
That tricle charging cable can also be purchsed at the dealer as a separate boxed item #94624-97A. I like it better then the one that came with my battery tender because they make it with heavier guage wire then the original.

It has a 3 amp fuse in it. Be careful not to hook-up a full blown charger, if your battery draws more then 3 amps the fuse will blow. It all works better with the trickle charger which is current limited, but requires longer hours to do its job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts