Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
snakeman2
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the 240 conversion and noticed that many of the bikes do not have chrome belt guard after conversion is done. They are just running with belt exposed. Can existing belt guard be modified by cutting enough away so that I can still have chrome look.? Or can I buy 06 screaming eagle chaing guard to fit this area? Is any one running the 240 conversion with the chrome guard?..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought one from Tiger Racing. Not chrome, but 20 minutes with a buffer and some Blue Magic and the aluminum really shines. It's notched out gently to clear the tire. Not expensive either.

Attachments

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I modified both the upper and lower chrome guards to fit mine.
Each 240 install will be different,so I would suggest using takeoff parts for the templates like I did.
As you should be able to see,the top now lives between the shock and the swingarm instead of at the inside of the arm.There are helicoils in place of the nuts for the shock bolts due to clearance issues w the nut.I crammed an 8 and a 1/2 wheel in there.
The lower was pretty easy compared.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I just bolted on the '06 SE2 top guard. The bottom guard from the SE2 will fit but you have to drill and tap a new hole for the mounting bolt unless you installed the '06 swingarm (they relocated the mounting hole about 1/2" if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I ran the skinny belt/pulley with the tiger racing alum guard like in the pic.

ELROD how in the heck did you cram a 8.5in wheel and stock pulley on a skinny framed bike? was there clearance issues with the pulley and the swingarm? and the front edge of the wheel.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I ran the skinny belt/pulley with the tiger racing alum guard like in the pic.

ELROD how in the heck did you cram a 8.5in wheel and stock pulley on a skinny framed bike? was there clearance issues with the pulley and the swingarm? and the front edge of the wheel.
I trimmed the swingarm for the pulley to fit.I was one of the first to do a wide wheel and tire without buying a kit.i kept the wide pulley for the added fat look.
I did another and have worked on some others,but when the economy fell out,I stopped getting inquirys to do wide wheel installs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I bought a chrome one from V-Mod who also cut my stock chrome pulley to size. Fit perfect on my 06 when I did my 240 mod.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I like it, fat pulley belt set up looks better and is stronger imo than my 06belt...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts