Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get bottoming stops installed at the time of purchase at a specific length? If not what is their lowest length in the case of a catastrophic failure?

Also what's the going rate for the whole set up these days? And from whom?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
First, I am honoring the group buy price at this time. $860 black and $920 chrome

If you tell me what the minimum length you can handle is I can see if it is possible. 10.875" is the standard deflated.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i believe u can order bump stops at any desired hieght .ask o2man,he will know the answer without doubt

lol,damn my typing being so slow on my phone.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get with you when I'm ready. Seems my current fender license mount set up is not the greatest for two up riding if the roads are shit. So I have to make some changes.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get with you when I'm ready. Seems my current fender license mount set up is not the greatest for two up riding if the roads are shit. So I have to make some changes.
I don't know how low Arnott's stock stetting is, but you can ride on it. The first bump you hit reminds you to pump the shocks.

As for riding double, I wish we had bought the air ride when we bought the bike in 2006. Now that we have the Sun Downer, Night Rod bags, Arnotts and our custom sissybar, even my wife can ride all day without getting that "beat up" feeling.

Anyone that decides to get a tall bar, like ours, either get a second base plate, or go to Lowes and get the M6 1.0 25 socket head bolts to make swaping out easier. You can't keep a tall bar on a daily rider. The bolts will eventually break from vibration.

Since I do have a second base plate that HAD a broken bolt in it, I'm going to have one seat/base plate set up with the Night Rod seats and medium-low bar and the correct back pad (the 06 tuck-n-roll style seats) and one Sundowner/custom bar seat/base plate set-up. It's just as easy to swap base plates and seats as it is to swap sissy bars.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i dump mine in town.. l o w r i d e r

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 12" Works (excellent) shocks are dog shit riding 2 up and hitting really bad roads. Louisiana has infected Texas in that regard as far west as Houston at least.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Which Shocks

The air shocks are the way to go then instead of the 440 hd. I usually ride to up and I have been afraid to get the air ride.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Will it hurt the shocks to ride with no air in them ?
Probably not, but it does hurt your butt, especially where MW is.
If you ride double at all, get the air shocks. The part is they are adjustable on the fly. I went with black shocks and handle bar thumb control. Excellent choice on the thumb control.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not sure what your plate mount and fender set up is but when I ride around town I have just barely enough air in them to keep my bike from being a "hard" tail. I did have a catastrophic failure of an airline and had to ride home 20 miles with 0 psi/bottomed out. It was rough but do-able.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No it will not. They have a poly bushing inside to ride on without air. I have ridden over 300 miles in a day with no air in mine.
So the shocks will be ok but how about the bike? Not worried about the rough ride but when I had it airred out for for my failure the bike was making a crazy whinning noise when slowing down but if I pulled in the clutch it went away.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
The air shocks are the way to go then instead of the 440 hd. I usually ride to up and I have been afraid to get the air ride.
Depends on your wants and needs.
Air shocks offer more convenience thing than they are performance or a really good ride - but not bad.
The 440's are a very well engineered all around street shock, heights are not adjustable but tension is easily changed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts