Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just checking my thoughts are right ,i ordered the arlen ness bearing thing that goes in the end of the bars to give a nice smooth roll on throttle ,when i install this it will move my grip and brake master to the side by the width of the bearing wont it ???? which is what i want, to creat a bit more of a gap so i can fit an attachment on for my pdash the gp is about 1/2 inch and i need 3/4 and by my calcs the bearing that shoves in there is about 1/4 ,is this a plan or what ,lol

brett

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It will move the grip out about 1/2". Problem is that the other side won't move out, so it will be uneven. I believe you are supposed to cut the side with the throttle to make up for it...

-Keith

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts
Brett, I installed on on my streetrod last spring when I added PM Rental grips....love it. I cut off 1/2 off the end of the handlebar with a dremel...no big deal. Go for it, i believe it will do what you're looking for

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks , 1/2 inch is even better ,kieth the unevenness wont be noticeable once i put the mount in that gap, im hopeing ,and if it doesnt work out ,hello its dremal time ,lol

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I installed one on mine and moved the other side out.It's such a small amount anyway.
I don't know if you'll gain enough for your other clamp you want to install.Best way is to try it and see.
The bearing makes a nice noticeable difference and took the slop out at the end of the throttle grip.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elrod , when u moved the other side out ,did u pack the gap created or not ,,sounds like a good idea to keep all things symetrical ,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts