Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Quandry

980 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  KemahNightrod 
#1 ·
Well, I'm in a quandry.

I put a deposit on an 08 DX a couple months ago and was given an estimated delivery date in late july or early august.

My dealer just called yesterday saying they got their delivery schedule and my bike wouldn't be arriving until sometime in September (probably late in the month).

They have an 07 DX Denim in stock they are trying to get me into and I'm damn near tempted to do it.

Although the 1250cc would be nice, missing a summer full of riding is almost unbearable to think about.

There are a few other factors involved including me moving across country and I could possibly be moved by the time the bike gets in (1250 miles away if I'm moved by then).

So...given this info: What would you do?

fafa

#2 ·
I'd buy the '07.

Power difference will be negligible. Current bike is stupidly fast.

I'll bet the larger engines are coming about due to emission laws and will result in the same hp as the 1130.

#3 ·
1250= like 4-8 more hp. Take the deal on the 07 and get out there and enjoy it!!!

#4 ·
Just get the 07. From the information that is available now the 1250 won't perform any better due to emission restrictions so performance is going to be about the same. The only reason I can see somebody wanting to wait is either a different color scheme or ABS...if those aren't in your future buy the 07.

#7 ·
fafafooey said:
Thanks everyone. I'm kinda big on the current paint finishes and I have no desire for ABS. Maybe I'll go 07.

Hopefully I won't be kicking myself when the 08's come out...

Thanks again.

fafa
One other thing to consider is that there is no vivid with denim stripes for 08. A one year colour by the looks of things.

Although it's a denim you are looking at. I believe the '08 denims are denim with orange stripes.....

#9 ·
I wouldnt trust your dealer...My dealer here is doing the exact same thing,cause he wants to MOVE this last 07....but a friend told me the same salesman told him the 08s will all be on the floor much earlier this season(week of meeting)....they just want you to buy the 07 Is my guess....

here is what Im doing....wait till july 9th...see the actual 08s online and see what the dealers are getting....you might want to wait at that point,or maybe even get one quickly...but if not,you will probably work an EVEN BETTER price at that time on the 07.....

another dealer here told me,once the 08s hit the airwaves,the 07s around will be reduced by as much as 1500 instantly....now Im not sure I agree but it could be true....Ive been waiting 2 mts now for the new bikes,not for the motor or abs or any reason other then I believe its a win win situation,when your this close to a new model season,always wait!..you will save money either way!...

JMO
Dan

#10 ·
Thanks

Good advice Dan. I think I will wait at least until 7/9 to get a more accurate story and possibly a better deal on the 07.

I probably gave my dealer a boner today though because I sent him an email asking what he could do on the 07 and a possible trade-in on my 06 sporty.

Oh well...keeps them honest to leave them blue for a while.

:stilpoke:

thanks again.

fafa

#11 ·
NOS-DAN said:
I wouldnt trust your dealer...My dealer here is doing the exact same thing,cause he wants to MOVE this last 07....but a friend told me the same salesman told him the 08s will all be on the floor much earlier this season(week of meeting)....they just want you to buy the 07 Is my guess....

another dealer here told me,once the 08s hit the airwaves,the 07s around will be reduced by as much as 1500 instantly....now Im not sure I agree but it could be true....Ive been waiting 2 mts now for the new bikes,not for the motor or abs or any reason other then I believe its a win win situation,when your this close to a new model season,always wait!..you will save money either way!...
JMO
Dan
I concur.

#13 ·
My wife wanted a Nightster, I told her we would wait for a '08. While chasing down DX parts I saw a '07 Nightster in the color she wanted (orange/black) with a $1000 gift certificate so I grabbed it. Woohoo, now I have $1000 for Rod parts and a happy wife, life is good. I would think that if a dealer can give a $1000 gift certificate for a $10000 bike, they could surely give a $1500 gift certificate for a $16000 bike. Nightsters have been disappearing just as fast as the DXs so do not listen to the supply/demand song and dance........DC

#15 ·
NOS-DAN said:

here is what Im doing....wait till july 9th...see the actual 08s online and see what the dealers are getting....you might want to wait at that point,or maybe even get one quickly...but if not,you will probably work an EVEN BETTER price at that time on the 07.....

JMO
Dan
:them: :them: :them:

#16 ·
I have at 1250 and it is a little noticeable over the 1130, but if you don't swap back and forth you will not know. The Dx is pretty F'en sweet if you ask me (well except for the rear fender :barf: :stilpoke: ) And if you get a killer deal, just put the money into mods, or a 1250 kit if you truly want that engine. I would say go 07'!!

#17 ·
Go for the '07, no regrets and you can't even see the backend when your riding only the others so who gives a $#i! what they see. If they don't like it, let them pay for the mods:angeldev:

#18 ·
Kieron said:
I'd buy the '07.

Power difference will be negligible. Current bike is stupidly fast.

I'll bet the larger engines are coming about due to emission laws and will result in the same hp as the 1130.

i wouldent call the 1130 stupid fast. as a matter of fact my dx gits smoked by my mothers Vrod in a blink of an eye, and she has reinheart 2-2s to boot. now her 05 B is fast as hell. and i still for the life of me cant tell why other than the skinny tire vs the wider one..

#19 ·
I'd call every dealer within a 100 mile radius and find out their situation with the DX's... if it's about the same... go with the 07...

Dont miss out riding this summer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.