Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Quandry

996 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  KemahNightrod 
#1 ·
Well, I'm in a quandry.

I put a deposit on an 08 DX a couple months ago and was given an estimated delivery date in late july or early august.

My dealer just called yesterday saying they got their delivery schedule and my bike wouldn't be arriving until sometime in September (probably late in the month).

They have an 07 DX Denim in stock they are trying to get me into and I'm damn near tempted to do it.

Although the 1250cc would be nice, missing a summer full of riding is almost unbearable to think about.

There are a few other factors involved including me moving across country and I could possibly be moved by the time the bike gets in (1250 miles away if I'm moved by then).

So...given this info: What would you do?

fafa

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Good advice

Thanks everyone. I'm kinda big on the current paint finishes and I have no desire for ABS. Maybe I'll go 07.

Hopefully I won't be kicking myself when the 08's come out...

Thanks again.

fafa

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Good advice Dan. I think I will wait at least until 7/9 to get a more accurate story and possibly a better deal on the 07.

I probably gave my dealer a boner today though because I sent him an email asking what he could do on the 07 and a possible trade-in on my 06 sporty.

Oh well...keeps them honest to leave them blue for a while.

:stilpoke:

thanks again.

fafa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.