Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention that the PV1B will slowly be phased out and the PV3 will be the latest and greatest J1850 4 pin replacement tuner. Kick in the nuts for us that like the full time screen display.
Ron

· Registered
846 Posts
I can't imagine not having the display after getting so used to it. But doesn't surprise me. Market and bottom line dictates the direction product development goes I guess. I just hope mine doesn't crap the bed.

· Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can't imagine not having the display after getting so used to it. But doesn't surprise me. Market and bottom line dictates the direction product development goes I guess. I just hope mine doesn't crap the bed.
Same here. Been on the bike 10 years and rock solid. Likely take a while before they disappear and move over strictly to the PV3. By the way, if you are happy with how it all works, don't do the latest software and firmware updates via the updater. No gain but more clunky and aggravating to use. I'm speaking of the latest software 3.3.0.59, firmware 2.5.0-1659 and tune base 0.0.10.13.
Ron

· Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Ron you're my HERO ! I spent 3 hours last night just getting phone numbers off my texts and erasing texts and old voice messages. Best to do it daily for sure. If you can live without it do it but it's always good to have an inexpensive one on your person for emergency situations, working or riding alone, or wife, street criminal attacks us - ( or we light ourselves on fire in our garage ) so we gotta call the 911 for police or fire dept. - you get the idea - (y):ROFLMAO: P.S. You may be one of the last people in civilized society that doesn't have one - Congratulations !!

· Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron you're my HERO ! I spent 3 hours last night just getting phone numbers off my texts and erasing texts and old voice messages. Best to do it daily for sure. If you can live without it do it but it's always good to have an inexpensive one on your person for emergency situations, working or riding alone, or wife, street criminal attacks us - ( or we light ourselves on fire in our garage ) so we gotta call the 911 for police or fire dept. - you get the idea - (y):ROFLMAO: P.S. You may be one of the last people in civilized society that doesn't have one - Congratulations !!
Yes, I see the reason for one. They are a stupid monthly cost here compared to US and to me at the moment it's like pissing money way for very little gain. Someday, I might just do it for the reasons you mentioned. Wife has one, so not totally in the stone age. I'm not the last one on the planet to not have one but close. Hell, even every snot nose kid has one now. :LOL:
Ron

· Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Yea even illegal aliens are brandishing cell phones coming across the border ! If not the Gubbermint gives them one thinking they can track them later - RIGHT - Homeless people have them ! Who the hell pays their monthly bill ? I'm going to surrender my US Citizenship, sneak into Mexico and cross the Rio Grande as an illegal - I can get a free cell phone, free top notch hotel room, free food and beer, monthly stipend and I don't have to work ! Hell I can probably get my US social security as an illegal ! If I can't still ride my V Rod I'm out though - that's the deal breaker !! (y):cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts