Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ****ed up the Threading on the oil plug, and had to get a new pan.

What should I be aware of when putting it back? There is a small wire that seems to be hanging down, which looks like it goes around one of the bolts in the oil pan. What is that for, and does it need to go around a specific bolt?

Is there anything else I should be aware of in addition to just screwing on the oil pan? I haven't ever done this before.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I ****ed up the Threading on the oil plug, and had to get a new pan.

What should I be aware of when putting it back? There is a small wire that seems to be hanging down, which looks like it goes around one of the bolts in the oil pan. What is that for, and does it need to go around a specific bolt?

Is there anything else I should be aware of in addition to just screwing on the oil pan? I haven't ever done this before.
I would have put and insert in the hole but that's me rather then replace the pan . A weak area that can use improvement. As for the wire, it's a ground. Attach it to any pan bolt that it will reach easily.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.