Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a stock '05 fit through a standard 36" wide house door? My ride is at the ex's and I need to move it to my new house which does not have a garage. I could measure, but I only want to make one trip over there...

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
It's a tight fit but do-able.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
It'll fit. You may have to shimmy the bars past the door jam, but you'll get in no problem.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
My B fits, but I have to get one end of the handlebar thru then the other side. I've done it many times.

·
Freedom
614 Posts
Depends how fast you are going :angeldev: JK, it'll fit fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tks. I'll go get it tonight. Now I just have to keep my buddies from talking me into a burnout in the living room...

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
ski said:
Tks. I'll go get it tonight. Now I just have to keep my buddies from talking me into a burnout in the living room...
Hahahah....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CUPCAKE said:
Hahahah....
Probably a little truth to that. I'm renovating a house and one of them fired up the chain saw last Saturday night about 2:00 am and did a little, well actually a lot, of kitchen demo work...

·
Registered
591 Posts
ski said:
Probably a little truth to that. I'm renovating a house and one of them fired up the chain saw last Saturday night about 2:00 am and did a little, well actually a lot, of kitchen demo work...
Take that saw and make a nice hole for french doors. Smooth sailin'! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
If you do a burnout in house,you better video that stuff for us!...hehe

awesome!

Dan

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
In my experience, you can only keep it inside for a day or two before the gas fumes from the tank vent really start spreading throught the house. Unless your house is not very airtight, or you drain it bone dry and air out the tank before wheeling it in.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
In my experience, you can only keep it inside for a day or two before the gas fumes from the tank vent really start spreading throught the house. Unless your house is not very airtight, or you drain it bone dry and air out the tank before wheeling it in.
Hmm, I always opened the inside door to the garage to make the house smell like exhaust...is that bad?

:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
My bike lives in the house and I've never smelled any fumes. My home is airtight.
No brain damage yet, maybe my nose isn't as sensitive as yours. :D

One of the many perks of being a single man.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
HighTechHarley said:
My bike lives in the house and I've never smelled any fumes. My home is airtight.

I do have hyper-sensitive smelling... and have my house VERY airtight. How do I know? I did some mods last winter...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HighTechHarley said:

I'm going to give it a shot. It will probably just blend in with all the other construction smells. This is definitley single living...no kitchen right now, more tools than furniture, my old dorm fridge and hog in the living room...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts