Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know what to torque the 5 rear pulley (sprocket) bolts to?

It's sunday so I can't call Jerry at Hogpro.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think these are the compensator bolts. On my stock wheels it looks like the rear sprocket does not get bolted to anything it just gets pressed in. On my new after market wheels the matching sprocket has 5 bolts to connect it to the hub. Since the stock setup does not have these bolts there is no torque spec in the service manual.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
VrodG said:
Compensator bowl bolts get torqued to 45-55 ft lbs
IMHO I would use the same torque spec listed for the compensator bowl since it really does the same thing that your new pulley setup does. Make sure and use loctite also as they will get some real shock on them at low rpm as no compensator bowl means the pulley feels the shock of each engine pulse.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just found this on Hogpro's site in the tech sheets area...

When installing rotors, pulleys, hubs, or axles, always torque bolts per HD service
manual specs using a few drops of red loctite.
5/16-18 front rotor bolts 16-18 ft. lbs.
3/8-16 rear rotor bolts 23-27 ft. lbs.
7/16-14 pulley/sprocket bolts 65-70 ft. lbs.
Hub assembly bolts 75-80 ft. lbs

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Max said:
IMHO I would use the same torque spec listed for the compensator bowl since it really does the same thing that your new pulley setup does. Make sure and use loctite also as they will get some real shock on them at low rpm as no compensator bowl means the pulley feels the shock of each engine pulse.
Not sure on his wheels since they are custom made, but on my Renegade wheels the sprocket bolts to a 1/2 hub. The hub has the compensator cushion built inside of it. Really trick IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts