Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I have my key on a spring loaded detachable clip thingee (technical term!) so the fob stays on the hook on my beltloop, and the key is in the ignition. My :2cents:

Mike

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
No FOB on my key ring, a piece of leather only. I would hate to look down and see what the FOB is doing about 80 mph.

Max

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about removing the fob but I don't want to hang it from my belt loop or stick it in my pocket (is that a fob in your pocket or are you happy to see me?). I'll figure something out but keep the ideas comin'..

thnx
ks:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't know about the 2002 models but all 2003 and 2004 have a clear plastic tape protecting the frame. Regardless, the plastic tape is stained after several months of riding. I am thinking of storing the fob in my pocket or attach it to a "D" ring and my jeans.

Best regards,

:cool:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
My 03 came with a clear plastic tape thingy there.The fob still made marks.The bad thing about the plastic is that it will fade over time.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have a little 100th ann dealer fob that is from a local dealership. I keep the alarm fob seperate .
and the rest of my keys seperate from both of those.
Yes, its' a pain but I have never had a problem yet.
Keep :blahblah: it light and soft.
'nuff said,
BobT

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Good idea Rick, thanks.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Like most people, I have only the bike key on a little ring - I don't want my house keys, etc. dangling off the side of my bike as I cruise down the freeway. For a fob I just use one of those little plastic winged "bar and shield" things from the dealership. Some dealers had the nerve to actually try selling those darn things (for $10!) last summer. I've never found any damage or rubbing from this set up.

Speaking of bike keys, it generally is a good idea to keep a second bike key on your "regular" key-ring during riding season. That way, if you are ever unlucky enough to lose your regular key (I've seen dropped and fall down sewer drains when getting on the bike..) you'll have another way of getting the bike started.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have been looking for a small leather bag or pouch, kind of like a lock pouch with a closeable cover. I am going to cut a hole in the back and mount it over the keyhole. The Key FOB would dangle inside the bag. Once I start the V-ROD I can close the cover. The problem is I live in the Chicago area, it is minus 5 degrees F. Even in my insulated garage it is too cold to uncover my baby. The good news is there are only 63 more shopping days until riding season.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
just think what it feels like at 150mph! :hiding: I thought some thing was crawling up my Boot! :eek: I looked down and saw the FOB doing the Cha Cha and when I looked up again I was drifting off my little Course at about Buck Fiddy! :spank: I don't look down anymore. :twisted:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Kaz, that's why you haven't gotten into the 9's.You got that fob dangling around in the air,giving you wind resistance.Also with it dangling around it is throwing the balance of the bike all over. :laugh: ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts